Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An exciting news n some Chinese Fried rice….!!

 

 

 

Chinese fried rice

 

 

Hi dear friends..n readers...Yes yes I am back ,with renewed energy n rejuvenated passion n.. ahem..bouncing fingers..:p..Well..how could anyone not be,when showered with so much love n care n support .I am really touched n warm hugs to all of  you...:)..Also belated Friendship day wishes to you all..:)

So..Are you looking for the exciting news??..Alright ..putting an end to the suspense,I am glad that I could be back here after all that chaos n long break ,to share with you such a sweet news.I hope atleast some of you might have heard about Indian cooking Knol-edge contest conducted by corporate giant Google n Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.It was a collaborative mission to find the 5 best Indian recipes, in  regional languages of India.Google shortlisted a few recipes from applicants in each language n passed on to Sanjeev kapoor,from amongst he selected the best dish of each of 5 languages..n fortunately I’ve been informed that my recipe is selected as the best in Malayalam regional language section.Isn’t that nice.:)..I believe its luck n God’s grace and thanks to my family n all of you who gives me the constant push to keep going…My hearty congrats to the winners of the other 4 languages as well....:)

..n you all curious to know which is the recipe??..Kerala Prawns roast,which I had posted here long back..:)..Here is the knol..(You’ll need some font adjustment in browser to read it in malayalam)

  This is one favorite dish of my preparation to many including my husband,Uncle-Aunt,Sakshi ji who makes it atleast once in a week(:D) ,etc etc..Last time I made it ,when some friends came over for dinner  n this was their favorite..n, now that such a great chef like Sanjeev Kapoor also found it passable(It seems like he n team actually prepared all the shortlisted recipes,n elected the winner on factors like taste,originality etc),I’d definitely n strongly recommend it to all of my readers out there.Do lemme know okie?..:D

..So I was all happy this weekend with full mind to cook n eat..n it was also kinda cool outside..The intense heat waves has pretty much receded n Seattle is slowly recovering I’d say.So I made some Chicken fried rice n nice Sheekh Kebab’s(I’ll post that soon..it was super good),with some cool Veg n Green Salad  n we had a nice meal..n did u all see the FN Star Finals..Melissa is really lucky I feel n though I like her,I’ll so miss Jeffrey,loved to see him.He was so charming n a pleasure to watch..:(

So..so..coming back,Chinese fried rice is something I have posted long back..n the pics were not good(badddddd..:P) n it was my first time or so on it.So, now that I’ve made it few more times n got some more hands on experience on it,I thought of reposting it with some better pics n some tips n additions.But sadly,this time my rice lost its grain-grain consistency..got a bit over cooked..So you see,its easy for it to go that way quickly n you need to keep an eye on it all the time..unlike me who takes occasional rests(read gaping at TV/irritating husband..;P)..You can find more pics and the original recipe HERE..

I mentioned just Chinese fried rice in the title because,you can just skip the chicken part n make it all veggie n you get the yum Veg fried rice.I had promised Vidhyakka(appetizing recipes) last time ,that I’ll come up with a veg dish on my next post,hence the tweaking..;)

As I’ve told there,this is the recipe I got from a chef n the fried rice tastes like real restaurant ones..Well,like the Indo Chinese ones I must say.All those who  love restaurant fried rice should give this a try n I bet you’ll love it.I just love it n so do my mom..Amma..this is for you..!

 

Chinese Fried rice

 

Thats a bowl of yumminess..!:)

Also check out the Prawns-Pineapple fried rice if you wish to..:)

Thanks to Food buzz for sending me some amazing Emril’s items..I am yet to try the chicken stock n horseradish mustard..But the poultry rub n also the seasoning mix were too good n I grilled some chicken breast y’day with it..will post tat soon..Thanks again..:)

kreativblogger[1][1]

Now award time..Thanks to Pavithra,Vineela,Nithya n Aqua for kindly passing me the Kreative Blogger award.Dunno If I have missed out any name..thanks n hugs to all of you.As I’ve already written about me several times,wouldn’t want to repeat n bore you all..n not just 7 I’ve to pass it to 70 +..!!..All of you are so nicely blessed n creative.So do accept the award n  love..

I’ll see you all soon..Hugs n remember..Smile is the next best thing you can do with your lips.,so keep smiling.!…;)

TC

StumbleUpon

74 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Varunavi said...

Congrats varsha and very happy to hear that your recipe has been choosed by none other than sanjeev kapoor.Great going :)

Varunavi said...

Congrats varsha and very happy to hear that your recipe has been choosed by none other than sanjeev kapoor.Great going :)

♥♥♥Ria♥♥♥ said...

Congrats Varsha! And the fried rice drew me very very close to the monitor! :)

Pavithra said...

Wow congrats varsha .. its really good news that ur recipe has been selected by the knol contest.. Keep going and congrats on ur award too.. Fried rice is my fav. Looks so good and tempting pic

Prathibha said...

U really came back with a bang dear..I am so happy for you dear..Congrats varsha...
and coming to fried rice,My fav chinese food dear..
congrats on the award too..

Kitchen Flavours said...

Back with bang...i like the spirit....nice to see u back with that yum bowl of delectable recipe.....congrats and rock on.....

Priti said...

Congrats Varsha..so gud to hear....you deserve all...

Sushma Mallya said...

congrats Varsha!! really happy for you and looking at the click I can say ur v much back in the blog world again......love the spring onion in the center looks perfect :)

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Congrats,thats is a exciting news indeed!! Enjoy and good to see u back!

Valarmathi said...

Wow thats great, congrats Varsha. And fried rice looks so tempting and yummy.

Faiza Ali said...

Congrats Varsha...that your recipe was chosen by Sanjeev kapoor. Keep rocking and thanks for visiting my blog dear. he fried rice looks great and yummy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe :)

Ann said...

Cheers Varsha..thats a great news to hear..so whats the celebration like? Hope you will restart blogging with more passion and love..hugs

Aparna Prabhu said...

Congratulations nd celebrations u keep rocking always gal!! Master Chef SK selecting something is really a great news just being a part of his food is something gr8 nd u r lucky.........though i cant prpr the chic FR i can prpr the winning recipe for my hubby...:)

SJ said...

YAAAAAAAAY! Congrats lady! Giada will be jealous now!

Nags said...

THAT"S AWESOME!! I remember seeing your recipe in the final list, I helped edit it and translate before sending it to the chef himself :)

Shama Nagarajan said...

Congrats dear....warm hugs to you....yummy rice and keep rocking

Divya Kudua said...

Congrats Varsha...you are back with a BANG..:)

Urs....Jina said...

Thats so grea Varsha..Congrats...And Im gonna try it out soon..appo chilavu venam ketto

Bergamot said...

Great... must be a great feeling knowing that your recipe is chosen by Sanjeev Kapoor. Nice pics of fried rice...

Roopa said...

Congrats Varsha ! wow selected by Sanjeev Kapoor ha :) Happy for you ! Nice to see this post too :)

Priya said...

Congrats Varsha!! Am very happy to hear that your recipe has been choosed by the great chief Sanjeev Kapoor and hearty wishes for ur dear and the fried rice looks delectable Varsha!

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine said...

Congrats Varsha...thats a great news..who would want better than this..keep going lady.Chinese Rice has come out very well..."Dont be worried when God is with you"..

Sakshi said...

Oh yeah you have to share the prize money with me coz I am addicted to that prawn and spend a few dollars every week on a bag of prawns. The best part is that this is the only dish I indulge in making for myself as both the guys don't eat prawns. I tell you people this dish is very very addictive so try it out only if you are mentally ready to stay away from the net for half an hour every week :) and end up sleeping curled up like a prawn at night.

Congrats Varsha and thanks for the hits you are giving me by linking my blog. Hope Sanjeev Ji clicks it accidentally and decides to sent me his books to save me from cracking up totally :)

One question though What is the first best thing that can be done by lips? *Scratching my head*

Viki's Kitchen said...

Congrats varsha. This is a very exciting news . U deserve it very much. Best wishes to achieve more dear.

sandhya said...

Congrats varsha....i had been a silent reader of u r blog for quite smetime... nice to c u back with the yummy fried rice...

anudivya said...

That is awesome news Varsha, Congratulations! I am so happy for you... will it get featured on television or something?
I wish I could try the prawn dish out :(
So eppo treat ;)

Soma said...

Congrats Varsha, congrats!! Very happy for you & keep posting more authentic kerala recipes, so original of you;-) That friedrice looks awesome, we have cut down on our grain consumption a lot.. well for a few weeks:) this is giving me temptation to make some with brown rice, but i will hold off.

Parita said...

Congratulations on the award varsha! what a comeback :) Fried rice looks so colorful, love the click!

Sig said...

Hey, congrats Varsha! That is awesome news!!! :)

lata raja said...

Hey that's really the most exciting news dear. Hearty congratulations!!!

lata raja said...

Hey that's really the most exciting news dear. Hearty congratulations!!!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

hey congrats on winning the contest. that's a great news!!

dhanya said...

Congrats Varsha...its great to know that you got selected by the King of chefs...

Rush said...

thats amazing babe, congrats.I hope u wear many more feathers in ur hat, u r gonna be the envy of all food bloggers ;)

Vani said...

That's such exciting news, VV!! Congrats!

5 Star Foodie said...

Congrats! Fried rice looks great!

Suparna said...

Congratulations and celebrations !!!very very happy for u V :) keep going with the same positive spirit.
Am drooling looking at the pics dearie what a dish!!
Hugs
TC

Superchef said...

thats soo awesome!! congratulations girl!! :):)

Mangala Bhat said...

Wow! Thats awesome News Dearie Congrts ..Very happy for u ! ...Sanjeev kapoor ..He is my inspiration ...Hey U lucky girl ! God bless u and My big bear hug Very happy For u Dear !


Btw ...Fried rice looks too good ! great shots as always !

Preety said...

wow thats amazing..congrats dear..

fried rice looks amazing n as always a gr8 click

chakhlere said...

Nice to see you back with such a great enthu and excitment!!
Congratsssssss a ton!! thats really a exciting news! Both the dishes look yummy!!

Muneeba said...

Wow, that's pretty darn amazing ... being selected by Sanjeev Kapoor himself!!! Congrats Varsha ... u rock ;)
And Chinese fried rice (made with an indian twist) is one of my fav things to eat ... I can eat it just plain .. it's hard to know when to stop with it!!

Yasmeen said...

gr8 news,varsha! I love your spicy prawn roast.And I'd also love to try the awesome Chinese fried rice with prawns :D

Poornima Nair said...

Congratulations da...that's such a deserving recipe. Sanjeev Kapoor would have drooled for hours:)...

Divya Vikram said...

Great to hear from the cheerful Varsha once again!! Congrats dear!! So proud of you!! And your pareents must be proud of you too.Are you getting a prize for that? Am literally droolong over the fried rice picture!!

Jayashree said...

Oh Wow!!! That's wonderful...Congratulations!!!

Pari said...

congrats for the select. It's a big thing indeed.
Thanks for dropping by helping me discover yours will love to stay in touch.

Sush said...

wow!!, thats indeed a great news. My hearty congratulations & do celebrate gal.

aquadaze said...

congrats varsha! good to see you back with a bang!!

Chitra said...

oh wow, thats a gr8 news varsha..congrats:) u r rocking gal:)chinese fried rice looks absolutely yumm:)enjoy !!Got any present from ur husband? ;)

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi varsha I have got an award for u pls accept it and come and collect it at my blog:)

Reeni♥ said...

Congratulations, honey!! That is the best news! I am so proud for you. *HUGS*

Bharathy said...

There you are! :)..

:)!! Congrats, Varsha!..Thats really something, Girl!!!

Glad to see a "Refreshed" YOU!..:) !!

(Had been going thru your previous post and had placed a few words in the other place a day ago... though I chose to be silent in yours..)


Chinese Fried rice is my favourite and I really liked your version and presentation!.. :)

Keep Blogging!!..:)

Vijitha Shyam said...

Congrats chef varsha! way to go. sooooo happy for you. Yummy fried rice too!

Ann Philip said...

Congrats Varsha

Also glad to see that you have bounced back with a bang!

Good for you girl.

Smitha said...

Congrats varsha. That is really something to be proud of. Keep going girl and nice to have u back.

Usha said...

Congrats on winning the contest Varsha, that is great news ! And the fried rice looks fantastic :-)

A_and_N said...

Congrats! Its been a long time since we blog hopped. Sigh. A lot of things seem to have happened. Hope all is well now.

Chinese fried rice reminds me of Bangalore's streets! :)

Uma said...

Wow, congrats on the great news Varsha! Great job dear :)

My Experiments with Cooking said...

Though I am little late, wowiie!It's definitely great news. And that rice looks fresh n nice :)

phanitha said...

wow...thats wonderful congratulations..!!
Fried rice looks lovely..

vidhas said...

Congrats Varsha!! Awesome news. Selected by Sanjeev kapoor is great!! Wish u tom get more in future. Thsnks for this chines fried rice. Picture looks great. Surely will substitute some veg and do this.

sangeeta said...

congrats dear....well deserved actually...
i think this is the right answer to the negativity around.......
i am so happy about it.

Maria said...

Congrats dear!! happy to see you back :)

Sharmilee! :) said...

Great Varsha...very happy for u. Fried rice looks great and the pic is awesome as usual!

Subhie Arun said...

congrats to u dear...hapi to see u back.....fried rice is my fav..urs looks too tempting!

Pooja said...

Congrats Varsha! Wow that is a great achievement! The fried rice looks so delicious! Looks like it was served at a restaurant n I believe it tasted like that too :)

Vibaas said...

Congrats Varsha. that is just awesome. i'm so excited for you!

Priti said...

Hi Varsha, pls accept awards n tag from http://indiankhanna.blogspot.com/2009/08/entry-for-ffrakhi-with-awards-tag.html

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks n hugs all of you..special thanks to the silent non-blogger readers who dropped a word here..:)
luv

Shri said...

Congrats Varsha!That's huge!The fried rice looks very tempting.

Blessy said...

Hi Varsha...we live miles apart but food joins us all....esp u me thru our blogs....Congratulations dear! So thrilled for you.
It is a real honour.

Keep those kitchen flames burning gal!!

Sireesha said...

Congrats varsha......Pics are droolyfying started feeling hungry now...

Keep rocking!!!

veggie belly said...

congrats! what exciting news!

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.