Monday, June 22, 2009

SPAGHETTI With MEATBALLS …!!

 

Spaghetti with Meatballs

 

 

A smiling big Hi to all of you out there ,hoping all are in pink of your health ,fighting Monday blue’s  with enthusiasm n energy..I am doing good and back after almost a week.Many of you checked me out,whether I have disappeared from here totally n thanks a lot for that,really feel glad to hear that I am missed..;)..It was nothing but many things coming together,that make me take breaks from here..Some healthy routines are on the run,n we now move around a lot more than before..playing shuttle,strolling around n all that..n so am not in front of system all the time,which is good in one sense as this eats a lot of time n blesses me with some extra fat..:D..But whenever possible,I do peek into my reader n check out all your new posts..In my kitchen,not much experiments going around as well..I have to restart my menu planning as before ,when I used to include atleast a few new dishes ,on each week’s plan..

So how was your weekend? Here ,I am so glad to say ,it was perfect.Saturday went on with shopping n rewarding myself with more of girlie stuffs n bla bla..:P..n yesterday was a hot day n after wandering places we came back tired,n it became dull gradually with the onset of evening,n with occasional outbursts of thunder,showers came.. bliss..!..It was one hell of a beautiful sight n I just cuddled in my patio chair with goose-bumps all over,sipping my fav Bru coffee,n watched the meadows getting drenched..Bunnies huddled under the nearby tree and seemed to enjoy getting wet..Rain is always beautiful n u know what I love the most..stepping on that drenched thick green blanket after a rain...!..It feels so good when the tingling coolness creeps in through your feet to every part of your self.I think that is something that we miss,once we are away from home.The touch..feel of earth..!..Try it sometimes..:)

 Spaghetti with Meatballs  

 

Ha..enough n more of digressions right?..Spaghetti with Meatballs is the star of today..Its so simple and self-explainable..:)..Even though I had seen n read it all the time,the first time I felt like,I GOT to try this was after reading Reeni’s version..She has explained it so delightfully with all her old memories associated to it,like from an old nostalgic Italian kitchen,that you suddenly feels this urge inside you to get into your kitchen n start cooking..:).. I have pretty much  followed the same recipe,except for few changes here n there..Thanks dear Reeni n once again,that poem is super-cute n I luvvv it..!:)

 

Cook the Spaghetti as per package instruction till Al dente.

For  the meat balls:

I mixed 1/2 lbs ground chicken(as he don't eat beef),1/3 cup of my herb-grain Bread soaked in some whole milk,1 beaten egg,1.5 Tbsp Italian seasoned Bread crumbs,1/4 cup minced shallots,2 cloves garlic minced,1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley,1/2 tsp Italian seasoning,1/2 tsp basil,1 Tbsp black pepper powder,1/2 Tbsp chilli pepper flakes,lil corn flour and salt.

Mixed them thoroughly n with wet hands(it’ll be super sticky..:D) n  made meatballs.Sprinkled with some more bread crumbs on top.

You can either deep fry them or as I did bake them in 425 F preheated oven for 15 mins.I broiled last 2 mins for a brown crust.

So yummy meat balls are ready..!

Spaghetti with Meatballs

 

For the gravy:

In a large Saute pan add butter + olive oil and saute cinnamon,bay leaves and cloves.

Throw in 2 minced cloves of garlic,1/2 cup minced shallots,1/3 cup chopped green n red peppers and saute till soft.

Throw in 1 medium sized tomato chopped with all the juices n 1 Tbsp Tomato paste.(I reduced it to half a tomato n added a few Tbsps of Marinara sauce as I was in a hurry.That sauce had some brandy in it,so it gave some additional flavor)

Simmer n saute till the tomatoes are all blended well.

Season with enough salt,pepper powder n chilli flakes.

Throw in some fresh chopped basil n parsley and Italian seasoning,some dried rosemary n sprinkle some sugar.

Sprinkle the pasta water whenever the gravy gets dry.

To add to thickness,I added a tbsp of corn flour water to the pan.

To this,drop the meat balls ,cover with the gravy n simmer for as long as possible from 30 mins to an hour,with an occasional stir now n then.

After switching off,add more of herbs n seasonings and shredded Parmesan.

Pour this gravy with meat balls over the cooked pasta and top with a lot of shredded Parmesan/Parmeggiano Reggiano.

 

Spaghetti with Meatballs

 

Now take your fork n twist of over some gravy soaked spaghetti with a chunk of meatball and play it with your tongue..haa..!:D..Spot a flax seed in there..could you?.Its from my bread..:P

We had it hot,with some chilled  light Amaretto-raspberry smoothie..Pasta with  smoothie is not a famous combo..but that's like me..I loved it..:D

 

On a different note,this may sound interesting to some of you..World was created by a big Spaghetti monster n we all are his creations..Makes any sense? Na..Not my word or view though..Check out...:D

 

Have a great week ahead all of ya n keep your smiles,

hugs

StumbleUpon

56 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Nithya said...

Wow nice one.Being a vegetarian i can atleast appreciate the look of the food....looks wonderful Varsha!

Mangala Bhat said...

Wow! .. i guesss i am the first one to comment ...wow! nice recipe ..mind blowing pics ..i liked last pic :) Thanks for the recipe :)

5 Star Foodie said...

Delicious spaghetti and meatballs recipe!

Pooja said...

Wow awesome dish Varsha! Nice twist with chicken!

Pavithra said...

Wow varsha all the pic are superb , transparent bowl !!!!!!!it looks like u have place in the bamboo chair i was wondering ... after seeing 2 and 3 realised that there is a rectangular glass bowl. Good shots yaa.. so sad i am vegetarian but loved the clicks.

Priya said...

Baking is better than deepfried meat balls, lovely dish..Feel like having rite now..Awesome clicks Varsha!

Soma said...

As much pasta as we eat, never made with meatballs:-) What a picture!

alterk0de said...

Ans you might wanna let people know how I inspired your creation ;-D

Hail the Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster !

Divya Vikram said...

Back with a bang!! Spaghetti looks too good dear.

Nazarina A said...

I have not had spaghetti and meatballs in a very long time! Just looking at your pictures made me salivate and my stomach started to make a hungry squeal! This is my kinda comfort food!

Cilantro said...

It was indeed good to see the rain back, did`nt break the record though.
Spaghetti looks delicious. Nice click.

Preeti Singh said...

Mouth watering spaghetti and meat ball...my husband love meat ball...but have never tried with spaghetti ... will try now.. thanks for sharing.

kittymatti said...

This is a lovely presentation carsha! Great job

Smitha said...

Nice post Varsha.I too make meat balls with chicken as I don't eat any other form of meat.

aquadaze said...

great idea to bake the meatballs! am so craving spaghetti with meatballs now.

RAKS KITCHEN said...

I hav just now trying out pastas and spaghettis,am a vegetarian though :) Love it!

Prathibha said...

Those pics r gorgeous dear....Nice presentation in that glass plate..Being a vegetarian can't comment more than that..he he..:)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh wow spicy, aromatic and flavourful....completely yum recipe.....

Ria said...

Yummo!! :) Loved the last click!!! :)

My Experiments with Cooking said...

That's a quite interesting recipe. Kudos to your patience for making such painstaking dish(atleast to me!) :D

sangeeta said...

the pictures are great and it's good to stay away from the PC for a while....good for you back n neck n your soul too.....am trying myself to go out more often.
the spaghetti with meatballs is something A likes very much.

Sharmila said...

I love meatballs even if am not having pasta. :-)
Lovely snaps.

Valarmathi said...

Yummy recipe. Nice picture.

Swapna said...

Beautiful pics Varsha!!! Spaghetti looks delicious :)

Happy cook said...

This is one of my favorite dish. And this looks absloutley super delicous.
We did have pasta for lunch today, but now seeing this i am craving for them.

Parita said...

I am veggie but my mouth is watering :) fab pics

Gita said...

What a gorgeous dish Varsha...great picture...We too started moving out a lot with the climate changing, started taking long evening walks :)

Yasmeen said...

Those meat balls look perfect,a very tempting dish.Yeah I'd love to be one with nature sometimes.

About HNC,its good if you can post a new one.But if you really are busy this summer or off for some vacation,then send the old entry ,do repost it in a current post.:)

chakhlere said...

woow!!
This looks so tasty!!
Clicks are really great!!

Elra said...

Always love this classic spaghetti meatball, i wonder how many people out there who wouldn't like it? none, I guess. Yours look specially good!

Reeni♥ said...

These are so delicious looking! I am so happy you tried my recipe - how sweet! Your pics are gorgeous.

I'm sorry about the blueberry post - but it does have to be a new one. You could re-post it if you wanted to and that would be ok.

Viki's Kitchen said...

Spaghetti n meat ball... home made version makes me drooling.

Sakshi said...

It's been raining here for the whole week and I am out of the house most of the time and enjoying every moment of it. Surprisingly I noticed when I am enjoying the rains I don't miss the lap top :)

Spaghetti and Meatballs...mmm...never made them at home and I don't know why but I never order it for myself...just poke my fork once in a while into M's plate..Awesome clicks and Yo come over for a chat ok?

Preety said...

i am vegeterian but the plate looks so inviting varsha

SV said...

Good recipe with a great presentation... we accidentally tumbled upon your blog and was really excited to see that you are also from Seattle.. do check out our blog also..

Shama Nagarajan said...

enjoyed reading ur post dear......nice yummy recipe....lovely snap

Laavanya said...

My daughter is a spaghetti fan - i've to try with veggie meat balls. Nice pics.

Viki's Kitchen said...

Btw, the 'Potluck - chicken' event round up has been published . Hope u will enjoy it:)

Shabs.. said...

Thats a bunch of wonderful pics there Varsha....as usual....believe me, u can look forward to a career in photography
...those are that good.....I have been trying to get some perfect recipes for Spagetti and meatballs and ur looks just perfect!Thx for the recipe.
Like Pavithra, I also thought u placed them on bamboo:)only realized after seeing the 2nd and third...

Bergamot said...

Looks really tasty and healthier one too :-)

Viki's Kitchen said...

Thanks for the wonderful recipes da.

Ana Powell said...

Wow, just yummy.
Beautiful spaghetti dish x

Priyameena said...

Chicken meat balls thats lovely ..Wonderful click..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

lovley recipe and lovely pix.... Baked chicken balls - wow great idea... I have to try it...

Purva Desai said...

I am off red meat, but must say this must have tasted heavenly......juicy and saucy

Vani said...

Not a fan of spaghetti but love meatballs. Looks great, VV. Fab pictures too.
SOmething has gone wonky with my camera andam not technical enough to figure out settings. Example is the frittata I posted. Any suggestions, V?

Nazish Rahman said...

wow..that yummy Varsha!!!

its mouthwatering...thats a recipe to really try...thanks for sharing with us!!!

tc

Rush said...

i love the cheese sprinkling on top lady...wish i cud direct the fork into my mouth :)

phanitha said...

Looks delicious...awesome clicks..

foodcreate said...

I love Spaghetti and meatballs! and your recipe looks so Delicious.

Thanks for sharing your recipe:)

Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com
Join, post your comments! or just stop by.
And if you can visit me I can visit you:)

Have a Great Day!

Marta said...

Lovely recipe! These recipes charged with nostalgia and tradition are my favourite. They just taste better :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Julie said...

Looks delicious...and I love that clear plate :)

Hari Chandana said...

Nice recipe and amazing pics...thanks for the recipe :)

notyet100 said...

i hve tried this before ,..but now i feel like tryin this again,..looks so yum,..

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks everyonee..:).

Priti said...

Looks just yum Varsha...pic is so good

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.