Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hey ..I’m back..!!! :)

Hiiii..helloooo everyone..So I am back almost after a week….:))))) ..We reached on  late  night of Monday ,n were exhausted,exhilarated and happy after the 3 day long trip,when we fully explored all the attractions of LA..Hollywood,beach,shops,Disney land,Universal studios n what not..Thank you so very much for all the lovely wishes you send my way,n as you guys wished me,I really had a grand gala time..:) .Sooo,did you all miss me??I missed you all,n your posts n opened the reader yesterday n saw 100's of posts in my reader..I was confused as to where to start n just ran through a few n shut the lappie,as my head was throbbing badly..n all the time I was in no mood to sit down and write a post.n kinda cooking block too..After all those days of French/Italian /bla bla foods,our tongue's were almost numb n craving for some good ole' Moru curry n rice..So once back home,I just made it n some simple scrambles n all..In short,nothing worth posting..n by next week we have to shift to new apartment as well..So crazy times ahead again..Ha..but life is good when it is busy..:)

I am really scared that If I go on like this,I may come to the dead end of blogging.So just thought of scribbling some tit bit’s about our trip,show you some snaps yadda yadda..:) I have all of the pics in Orkut n you can see it there..will share a few of them here as well..:)

When we started ,I was little apprehensive ,if we'll be able to cover everything there,especially all the major rides of DL n Universal studios, where there are supposed to be long queues in front of all rides.But Thank God..Kutts planning helped us there..:D We enjoyed everything thoroughly n as per we were told by the people there,our visit was on the best time of the year.Not too rush n pleasant climate.It was slightly hot during noon time,yet the sun was good n people were basking n enjoying..:) On our first day,we went for the city tour..went to Old Santa Monica city,beaches n shops around.




 




The beach somewhat resembled our Alleppey beach(now now..all beaches look almost same..aint it..:D),but it was not very clean..Shops around were fun n so many shows were going on around.Then we went to Beverly hills,Rhodeo drive,saw Marlin manroe's old home,Pretty Woman Julia Robert’s shopping place,Clooney's high school,building in which Die hard was shot ,Farmer's Market n so much more..:) Then off we went to see Hollywood sign,Chinese Grauman's theatre and Kodak theatre..There was so a good crowd there,n we saw Depp,Frankestien,Superman,Charlie Chaplin n all those character's..It was hilarious when the Depp character bowed at both of us saying some prince/princess n was yapping non-stop.I was giggling all the time..:D

 







Second day,one whole day was fully dedicated to my dream world Disney Land,where we had tons n tons of fun..The above snap is from the Mary Poppins show infront of Disney Castle..We were into almost all of those main rides n jeezz ..What a world it is..You can simply pass time people-looking..There were so many ineteresting  people out their in weird outfits n accessories with transparent net umbrella's n I swear ,I saw all the rainbow color's on their head's..The rides were so awesome,n my fav is Indiana Jones n Pirates of Caribbean..Haunted Mansion  is also too good..If you gals have kids,please do take them to there once n I am sure they’ll have so much fun time there.

 

 

How can I skip mentioning the food,when I am talking about all this in a food blog? lols..We had so many types of food n drinks from DL,as you get tired all the time ‘cos of the sun n fun..n yes they were good..:) I could take the snap of our lunch only..







DL has a lot of food joints strewn liberally around the place..n most of them had an obvious rush during the noon time.We had some good French food for lunch..Chicken n Seafood  Jambalaya n their signature cheese cake for Dessert..But our appetite was more for the endless adventures lying ahead of us..!!

 







We went into roller coaster ride as well,just one of  them..n I was yelling n howling at the top of my voice n fainted several times before I landed down..Poor Kutts was almost carrying my limping self in his arms..hee..:p..Then we went to Toon Town n its truly kid’s place.The whole cartoon world we’ve been seeing all through our life unwinds into a sweet reality there n we were like thrown into a pleasant dream world .We went to Mickey’s home n after long walks through his house n Movie Barn we got to meet the esteemed personality,Mickey in real n took snaps with him..:) The day ended with our heart brimming with happiness,a wide grin on face,sore throat n aching limbs refusing to move again..!!







 

The third day was for Universal Studios n my..what a place it is..All the rides were mind blowing,one better than the other,n we yearned for a second chance in everything.But we had to hurry n try everything once.My favorite was the Simpson’s ride,which has the highest rating n loved by all..Its even beyond imagination n explanation.You are really trapped in a dangerous cartoon world,with twists n bumps n other lotsa moments where we tend to close eye’s..Its just awesome..!!We loved the 4-D Shrek n Terminator n Jurassic park n all of them.Two of the most scariest ones are the Mummy ride n the House of horror’s..The Mummy ride really brought tears to ma eye’s..It was so so scary..n so is the House of horror’s..you have to walk through a dark haunted house,where you have the company of ghost’s n mummie’s n yuckiest dead bodies hanging down from roof ,knocking you on the way deadly music  n howls in the background ..n the worst thing is you HAVE to walk n move on ,when all of a sudden you’ll be greeted by a bloody corpse jumping on you..My..many a times I refused to move n he had to drag me n I closed the eyes n moved on..Once coming out,I slumbered into a bench n finished a bottle of water..!!




 




We got to meet Shrek,Fiona ,donkey,Dora,curious George n such cutie pie character’s..:) ..Water world had an amazing show,presented by TV artists..The guy from Desperate Housewives n a team of brilliant daring artists.It was one helluva show I say..!

I guess Universal studio’s are better for teens n middle-aged people..cos neither kids nor aged people will be comfortable with the rides..The place have some good food places as well..We got to taste some real good Orange n Mandarin  Chicken at a Chinese stall there..

At the end of the day,we took our late night flight to Seattle,thus bringing an end to the fun filled gala days we had.But we are sure planning to go there again..Mebe a full week tour to Disney land..stay in that cartoon world n enjoy every bit of it comfortably..:)

As a place ,I dint like LA very much though n so I was happy to be back in my Seattle with it’s clumsy rainy weather..I am enjoying the lil relaxing time I’ve now,before I am sucked up into the crazy days again..So sweeties, pls do wait for me to catch up with your posts..Hope you all are doing great n cooking up great yummy things there..I’ll be up with a proper foodie post,mebe next week..

All of you take good care,have lotsa fun n stay bright n smiling..Hugs..:)

StumbleUpon

64 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Pavithra said...

Hi varsha good to see you back dear.. you look so cute in the snaps.. and frock is looking good too.

Pavithra said...

Write ups you covered whole LA...Interesting ... yah you need 2 to 3 days for seeing each and everything in disneyland..

Nags said...

lovely pics, esp the one with Shrek :)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Good to see you back!! I did peek into your pictures @ orkut... yippy you had a great time... and definitely those lunch pics are indeed teasing me... anyways Varsha we can have some of your food soon...

Sig said...

Looks like you had a great time! Sigh, I so need a vacation! Great pics, you are looking great!

Mangala Bhat said...

wow ! nice post dear love to see u back .looks like had great time...:)

Indhu said...

Welcome back :)
and looks like you had loads of fun...

thanks for the comment about the white text on black background on my site... still need to work on the layout... :)

Reeni♥ said...

I'm so happy your back! You packed so much fun into three days, what a whirlwind! I can see that you probably need a rest now! Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures!

Prathibha said...

Gud to see u back lol...
Nice clicks...u r looking cute..
Disney land is one such place even i enjoyed...

Poornima Nair said...

Whoa...i felt like I was back in LA...I don't think you've missed out s moment of your trip:)...I really wished I could write like this....
Great pics and its obvious you had an amazing time. Welcome back!

Ann said...

Varsha,hey,after seeing the beach pictures at ORKUT,was about to comment how clean are our beaches compared to these..Yes,Varsha for sure ..that may be the reason why tourists are so fond of our beaches and backwaters..
Was sure that you will enjoy..So can guess how exhausting you can be on that change of apartment..be cool and let it all happen..dont worry..once settled,you can come back na..till then write something ..Hugs

VineelaSiva said...

Welcome back Varsha.I think u had great time in ur trip.The fotos r very nice.I love ur black and white dotted dress.U r looking in that foto dear.Tell me how to see ur fotos.I think i need ur gmail id so that i can go through ur fotos.

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

nice post and lovely pics!

Cham said...

Welcome back, Great pic, I stayed in Disney hotel and enjoyed whole 3 days in disney with my kid last year. Now I don't want anymore but my son wants to go back again! Guess u like the toon place!

Make the Impossible...Possible said...

Hey! you look so beautiful in that frock...So you had a gala time there, huh!!!...good...

Pooja said...

Glad to see you back! Awesome shots and great writeup :) The food shots are so tempting!

A_and_N said...

Good fun! :)

I loved LA :D

Kitchen Flavours said...

Glad to see you back.....Oh wow pics show you had rocking time there......

Sharmilee! :) said...

Welcome back! Saw all ur pics in orkut lovely ones esp the one with Dora is cute!!

ARUNA said...

welcome bac Varsha......lovely pics!

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

wow! wonderful pics..can see u had really fun! I loved all ur outfits! they look cute on you!

Shama Nagarajan said...

you look gorgeous dear........nice writeup and lovely photos

Divya Vikram said...

BAck with a bang huh!! Lovely post abt the trip Varsha. And next time u come here u are coming home!!

Lena Rashmin Raj said...

nice snaps varsha...den thank u for leavin comment on my blog...n ofcrs im a mallu :)

Suparna said...

Hey Varsha,
Good to see you back :) fantastic pictures, and as per the write up u seem to have had a gala time.
wowie! the lunch pic got me drooling ;) cool cool.
Take care and take enough rest.
Hope to see a dhamakedaar post from u ;) :)
TC

anudivya said...

ooh that cheesecake looks so good... looks like u had a fun time.

Superchef said...

already saw all teh pics on orkut..but good to read about the trip as well!!! looking forward to seeing your food posts :)

Ria said...

You guys sure did have a blast there!! your pics say so ;) Did see the orkut too!! Nice to have you back.. should rather say missed the 'talkative'blogger :D

sangeeta said...

wow...you look like a hollywood diva in your black n white polka dress...on the red carpet.........hmmmm......forget about food now....
will check out your pics on orkut soon.

jayasree said...

Good writeup and lovely pics. You look gorgeous.

Take your time to get back to food blogging.

Chitra said...

Hi varsha, nice to see u back after a wonderful trip.fotos are awesome.nice pair;)really i made a sigh by seeing these fotos because all are my dream places.i donno whether i'll get a chance to visit these places.Lemme c;)waiting for ur yummy post dear;)

Priya said...

Thats a lovely post, enjoyed the virtual treat varsha...Seems u had a great time! just drooling over the cheesecake:d

Sanghi said...

Hey you are looking too cute dear..! Disneyland is a real wonderland. Yummy delights!

Nazish Rahman said...

Nice pics...seems u enjoyed a lot!!! All good things have to come to an end!!!
Planning is very important so u need to thank him!!!

Gita's Kitchen said...

HI dear, welcome back...looks like you had a blast :) Great photos Varsha, love the one with Shrek.

SJ said...

Ur back and posted something also! WOW! When I saw your pic with Shrek, I was like "must be from her old files, she is still holidaying" and now I see that ur back!!! Glad u had so much fun!!

Vishali said...

Seems like u both had a wonderful time Varsha dear. Both look very nice. Thank u for sharing the snaps with us. Take care. Enjoy!

Vrinda said...

Nice pictures especially the one with curious george and Dora...I think u guys had lots of fun..athu photos kandal ariyille alle......

Renuka said...

Glad that you are back...Nice post and lovely snaps..

Happy cook said...

Looks like you had a fabulour time. I had the feeling i travelled with you too :-)

Madhumathi said...

Nice to see you back with so many pics..You look gorgeous in the black n white dress :)

VIDYA VENKY said...

welcome bac varsha..with these picks & write up u took us all to LA...lovely njoyed reading abt ur trip..iam jus waiting to go now...pics were tooo gud

Yasmeen said...

Lovely pictures,the place looks packed with fun.Glad you brought back life time of memories:)

Sakshi said...

Boo...hooo me wanna go to Disney Land too and I promise once am there will run away with Mickey or even goofy for the rest of my life!! You make it sound so charming and magical.

I am glad that your quest for your lost bubbly writing skills took you to LA and you found it back in DL. This is the kinda post I like :) :). Btw even this post made me drool not at the food though but when you wrote about Johnny Depp ;);)...am in full consciousness turning a blind eye and ear to what you said about Depp clone calling you a princess!!!

ROFl on ur fainting saga...sweet kutts no?? Loved you guys posing on the red carpet...reminds me of Brangelina..

Hey I heard a rumour that Van Diesel is insisting on getting that cute gal in black dress who posed with him in LA for a photo for his next movie....

Autograph plzzzzzzzzzzzzz....remember me na...we used to chat earlier and I used to comment so long long on ur posts??? weep weep...sobbbings

Loved your pretty little Black dress..now come online to hit at me ok???

Shreya said...

welcome back! lovely pics..

prajusha said...

varsha,
beautiful snaps..

Helene said...

Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip. I love LA.

Srivalli said...

Good to have you back....and you look lovely girl!

Laavanya said...

That definitely sounds like a fun vacation... nice pics.

jayasri said...

hi varsha, welcome back, beautiful pictures, u urself look like a doll with other dolls !!, lovely commentary makes a reader, as if we have gone their !!, I must also sometime visit these places....after reading ur comments....u must have had a great and relaxed holiday.....lets have some of ur cooking too....

Soma said...

Lovely going thru the post.. & thinking of DL.. we went there twice.. will make it again when my little one grows up a little bit more to remember. I like the DW better.. We did not see Curious George!! He is so cute.

& Welcome back!

Cynthia said...

Welcome back sweetie! You were dearly missed.

Looks like you all had a great time.

Valarmathi said...

Picture shows you had a great time there. Nice clicks.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful time there! Nice pictures of you...

Cheers,

Rosa

Ana Powell said...

Hi Varsha
Glad to see you back.
Thanks for sharing your photos with us, I specially loved the one with Shrek.
Take care and have a lovely weekend x

Elra said...

Awww, seems like you had a great vacation in CA. Lovely to see you here.

Smitha said...

It's good to have a nice break like this once in a while right. Good to have u back. Can see that u had fun. Cool.

veggie belly said...

sounds like an awesome trip! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvveeeeeeee the black and white dress you are wearing!

Joie de vivre said...

Welcome back! I love the pic of you and Shrek!

Rush said...

great pictures...u guys r having awesome fun!!!...took me back to my vacation in disneyland...isnt it a wonderland...u get totally lost!!

vidhas said...

Welcome back Varsha, Lovley pictures, Enjoyed reading. YOu look so.. Cute in pictures. When Janani was 2 years we visited LA, she can't remember what she has seen. Hopeing to visit again. During our visit we stood for an hour to take picture with Pooh Bear.:-)

notyet100 said...

lovely ppics,..specially the shrek one,..:-)

Varsha Vipins said...

Hi dears..had been busy..Thanks for your lovely comments..:)

Bharti said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love that pic with Shrek as well.

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.