Monday, May 11, 2009

Fish Pepper Fry

 

Fish Pepper fry

 

 

Haa..Monday is here,after an obvious short weekend,which flew in one swift move like a quick lark..Hope u all had lazy/busy times and enjoyed n thanks for all the sweet comments on my pics..:) We were shop trotting all the time n my hands still ache after carrying around all those stuffs n packing n cleaning. Na..I am not done yet..In fact not even properly started.This one week and weekend is going to most hectic,as we’ll be shifting mostly on this weekend and this damn climate is making me so lazy.All I feel like doing is ,stretch n yawn n more stretch n yawn..:D,that’s Seattle..n still the funny irony is, this place has the most number of hard-working techies..:D..I have been munching on this apple n lying in this couch for like 20 years or so ..I seriously doubt if this is gonna kick me out of it,like they show in cartoons.:D.Thank God there are leftovers n I don’t have to slave much for lunch..:D But but..I have to get my rear end up n moving n do things around..Just contemplating the whole situation is making me go sulk..:D ,but sure I cant wait to shift n get all my stuff set up prettily over at my new place..:).,just hate the process though..:P

 

Its been a couple of weeks since I cooked up anything fancy or worth blogging..n I feel really bad when I don't experiment..kinda creative death or block when I don’t have anything new to do..don’t get that blissful feel..enjoy the whiff of a new aroma or tickle of a unique spice blend on my palate..But there is also a scary chance that I get accustomed to it..:De..So all I can do now is really n whole-heartedly hope n pray  that my new kitchen motivates me and help me conjure up some good dishes,so that Will-O’-the-Wisp also get re-vitalized..Pls..You’ll also do that rite..:P

Aarghh..am sort of light-headed I guess..Before I get on your nerves by my endless ,tired rants ,lemme move on to the recipe..

 

 

 

Fish pepper fry 

 

I love Pepper,the king of spices, n especially the aroma of fresh roasted ground pepper is so tantalizing.So I do add a pinch(or more) of it in almost all dishes..My usual Fish Fry is the Chilli-coriander powder coated one.But then last time when I ground my fresh Pepper,the fragrance made me give this one a try.Just pepper n pepper alone as  the spice n source of heat plus g-g paste n some curry leaves for added fragrance n lime juice n vinegar for a kick..n it came out great..!!

Like most of you,I also don’t believe in the concept of keeping aside a single day to appreciate n thank Mother’s love.Its something so precious n divine that is there ,in every single moment of our lives ..throughout..Still,Happy Mother’s day to all those great n loving Mom’s out there..:)..This one post n this dish is dedicated to my Mom,who makes the yummiest of Fish fries (n many other dishes) in the world..,remembering that mouth-watering fish curry n fry (It was my fav fish,don’t remember the name though),she used to keep aside ,lovingly for me on those weekends,when I’d come home from the hostel,with a numb tongue. ..:)

 

 Fish pepper fry

For Fish Pepper Fry:

You need:

1/2 lbs Fish ,cut into neat slices (4-5 pieces)

5 tsp whole pepper lightly roasted n ground (more or less according to your tolerance level)

1 tsp fresh ginger pate

1 tsp fresh garlic paste

4-5 curry leaves

1/2 tsp Vinegar

1-2 tsp Lemon juice

Salt

Oil

 

Prepare the marinade by grinding everything to a smooth paste.Fresh ingredients is the key to taste.

Marinate the fish with this for 2 hours or more.

Deep/Shallow fry in oil,infused with some curry leaves, and serve hot with Onion slices.

 

 

Fish pepper fry

 

Have a great week ahead,hugs..:)

StumbleUpon

55 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Divya Vikram said...

I was wondering why you had not posted today when I saw ur post popping up in my reader. So how is the new place girl? Fish fry loks spicy and too inviting! And the second pic is too adorable!!

Cham said...

I can only view the first pict, Hope u have loads of work and the new kitch motivate u :)

Pooja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ARUNA said...

looks yummy and spicy!!!!Nice shots!

Suparna said...

Hi Varsha,
spicy pepper fry wow! love it, nice snaps.
TC

Vishali said...

woow....that looks gorgeous and yum Varsha....love the way u fried the fish :).

5 Star Foodie said...

Yummy fish with pepper!

anudivya said...

LOL Light headed? Girl, are you sure you haven't been out all night partying your way through Seattle?
Oh and good luck with the move. Hope the new kitchen brings us some good food everyday :)

Anyway, not that I am going to make this good looking fry anytime soon, but that looks great.

Smitha said...

Sure all this protein is gonna help u in your shifting process.All the best.
Yummy fish fry. The recipe is pretty simple too. Nice.

Gita's Kitchen said...

Great dish Varsha...nice presentation :)

Reeni♥ said...

Your fish looks so delicious, nice and spicy! I hope everything goes good for your moving! And don't ever give up on cooking, please!!!!!!! These pictures are so pretty-so creative!

aquadaze said...

I will only say this....YUM!!

Sharmila said...

That's a great recipe Varsha! If you can come up such a delicacy now ... am waiting for what you will come up with after you settle down well. :-)

Cilantro said...

Nice and spicy pepper fry. BTW are you able to find curry leaves in an around Seattle at Indian grocery store? If yes let me know. Good luck with the move.

Ria said...

Kothiyavunnnee!!! Sluurrppp!!!! My mom is outta town so missing her fish fry BIG time!! :(
Lovely pics Varsha!!!

Sharmilee! :) said...

Fish in pepper fry...wow looks great! I luv ur presentations always and the first pic looks great!

VineelaSiva said...

Hai varsha the fish looks very tempting and inviting.I think it must be spicy.I love ur photograpy.i search in the orkut but that fotos r not in pblic.u have to accept my invitatin.

Lena Rashmin Raj said...

hai varsha......... snap s just superb..really tempting... surely i wl try dis dish :)

Pavithra said...

Thats looking so good and nice pictures.. But so sad i can only admire it(vegetarian).

Superchef said...

good luck with the move and hope the block goes away soon and that you start experimenting again :)

so what kind of fish did u use for this??

Akal's Saappadu said...

wonderful presentation for this deliciously rich masala fish! yummmmmmmmmmm, I'm hungry !

Madhumathi said...

The fish looks terrific!!Love the first picture.Good luck with your move :)

Priya said...

Thats great to see fish pepper fry from ur new kitchen, tempting dish, lovely clicks together!

Sanghi said...

Wow, yummy i'l munch the both pieces..! Yummy!

Happy cook said...

Pass me that plate please i love fish fried like this delicous.

notyet100 said...

yummy,...even i hve experimented a lotz with pepper...:-
)

Kitchen Flavours said...

It's fish season everywhere....Oh wow spicy and yum....Love your presentation.....

Arch said...

All the best with your move - it can get so tiring :( but yes, hope the new place inspires you more and gets you all creative in your kitchen..

Sakshi said...

It seems we have another thing in common - Your rear end and my brain - both refuses to move. Mine has been snoozing for the past few weeks and I must say it's a bliss when your brain stops churning out thoughts like a mixer...hee

Hey that's a yummy dish and I loved the first pic...makes me drool and think about all those pepper vine estates back in good old Kerala. I used to love those green whole pepper pickles my mom used to make...sigh

Mother's day...hmmm...I would have loved this peppery fish and some rice and moru...perfect gift for a tired and lazy mom dontcha think?

So hope you move your rear end and start that packing and shifting soon..

hugsssssss

Renuka said...

Wow..my fav...looks delicious..

Swapna said...

Really tempting pictures Varsha.....there is an award for you in my blog....please accept it...

Yasmeen said...

Hot and peppery ,the fish has made me hungry.Hope you have a hassle free move ,I'm gonna be busy next month with our move outta cleveland:)

rekhas kitchen said...

fish fry looks so yummy so beautiful pic.

Pooja said...

Adipoli!! Looks tempting! Great shots too :)

Ashwini said...

Awesome and tempting pictures. Though I am a vegeterian, it looks yumm. Nice spicy fry. Will do for my hubby.

sangeeta said...

the first pic is a classic........your peeper fish hit me directly on the tip of my toungue..loved it....i make it in a northy way.....i like black peppers....

Vicky Xavier. said...

Moving is a tedious job. That too along with cooking.. OMG..
How is ur new place dear?
Pepper fish fry looks so delicious. Love anything with pepper.
Moreover I am hosting an event called 'The potluck - chicken' . It is my first time to host one. Expecting your suggestions , support and yummy dishes . Hearty welcome dear.
http://elitefoods.blogspot.com/2009/05/announcing-event-express-potluck.html
Thanks.

Poornima Nair said...

Guess this is a favorite of all mallus and it always reminds me of my mom n grandmom too, I can never cook fish like them. Urs is really tempting, that with some hot steamed rice...what more could you ask for.
All the best with the move and hope you settle down quickly.

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks all..:)thanks for the wishes..yup..am running everywhere for the move..:)
Manju,I use all fishes for this..Salmon,Tilapia ..anything..this is Halibut tho..:)

Kalai said...

yummy and spicy fish.nice pics.

Nazish Rahman said...

looks nice...dont like fish that much!!!

btw nice pics!!!

Vrinda said...

Fish fry looks spicy and crispy..

Soma said...

This i am going to make soon. I make fish quite a few times a week, & dry dry like this with ginger garlic paste.. but now i will use the pepper. Yum...can't wait to try this.

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks Kalai,Nazhish,Vrinda n SOma,,,:)
Cilantro..I am unable to access ur prfile..so abt C leaves..I guess it comes once in a week in Indian stores..like Thursday in Apna bazar..even I am running out of stock..:(

Urs....Jina said...

Came to ur blog quite by accident..and is now checkin it out fully..thanx for putting up..i especially love the pics..both ole n new..:)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

mmm looks very yummy, for a seafood fan like me, this is most divine food one can have!!!

Mangala Bhat said...

Hey lovely presentation dear ..i don't know how it tastes ..but pic looks awsome ...will tell this recipe to my friend she eats ..fish ...:):P
Thank for the comment@my blog and the way u call me mangaluuu is lovely ..soo sweet of u dearier ...love u

Purva Desai said...

Hope new kitchen excites u to cook more delicious dishes :)

Fish fry looks peppery and smoky

Valarmathi said...

Fish fry looks so yummyyyy....

n33ma said...

Varsha its so simple but still looks kick ass type.lovely.

Chef E said...

Thanks for coming over, and thanks for the close up of that peppery fish. I am a big fan of pepper myself, red 'hot' ones too!

Rush said...

the first pic is so enticing..i had my mouth almost upclose the screen :)

luckysanjana said...

Varsha my dear......its seven fifty in the morning and im sitting in my Jain home and reading your fried fish recipe..........lol..........you are killing me.............i dont think im going to have any appetite at all for my dal chaawal today................

Fabjena(TheBestRecipes) said...

Absoulutely delicios :)) I love fish foods so much! :)

luckysanjana said...

thanks for stopping by varsha not to worry...........no pollution see im a catholic married to a jain.........and although my kitchen and home are strictly vegetarian my hubby doesnt mind my thinking about it.........infact he encourages it ,,,,he thinks i might go insane if im not allowed to even think about it..........lol.............i love fish and i generally eat it when we go out for dinner...........thankfully he doesnt mind sittin gat the same table when im wolfing down fried fish

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.