Friday, April 24, 2009

Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with Chicken n Pepper’s..!!!

 

 





 

I am so so lazy today and all I can do now is yawn n stretch my body comfortably.Kutts was glued to couch ,seeing IPL til 11,n I had to yell n push him out.God,when is this cricket gonna end..Sometimes I wish,all these people get Amnesia n they forget how to play the stupid game..:P..Here,its brightest ever and at the farther end of my sight,leaves of trees are shining like emeralds.But its bit cold as well.Thank God,Its Friday.Another busy weekend is coming up.But I love Fridays,they have got a pleasant feel within it,n its good to think that I’ll get someone to fight with me for the whole 2 day’s..:D..When I was in college,Friday was  the most awaited day,n I would meticulously pack up all Bhandakettu’s(bags) on Thursday evening itself,so that I can  bunk Friday last hour,rush to hostel,pick ‘em up n run to bus stop to catch my bus to home.The ride is one of the most beautiful one,anyone can ever have.Even if the KSRTC buses n roads of kerala used to do a good jugalbandi on my backbone,throwing me up 2 feet in the air,n thudding my 52 kgs back to seat, with full gravity,I never used to get bothered,as there would be a real feast for eyes.The bus route was through Kuttanadu( Remember Boat houses n Toddy shops..??)..We would be moving through a guttered road,amidst of the exquisitely sprawled green fields ,full of paddy’s drooping their heads down,n small lakes with cute boats n flock of duck’s directed by a man with a  rod n “hoy..hoy” sound,n bridges across dark deep water fronts, n people on roadside bargaining with the fresh caught,large fresh pearl-spots n lobsters n crabs n what not…!!

Those were the rides,n sights that I hadn't ever got bored of ,even once,after the continuous commute of 4 years,every weekend back n forth.Now,after sharing all this with you,I am seriously feeling sadly nostalgic n I would give anything to just go back n get a ride once more.Even during June-July time,when there would be the heaviest of the down pours n people would open their umbrella’s inside the bus,(as it would rain more inside than outside..:D),n there would be rush n crowd n mud n dirt,I would sit by the side seat,propping up the shutter,once in a while ,just to enjoy the smell of earth n the spray of rain that falls on my face.Oh..I miss you my hometown,I miss you Kerala..:((..!!

Now what can I say,I am thinking on the first place,why I digressed to this topic...:(..This time ,on my visit to India,I am definitely gonna take that bus n go to my college..

So coming to the present times..:P..Friday is here n am with the last post of this week.Many many thanks to FoodBuzz n Buitoni for sending me this truly yummilicious Wild Mushroon Agnolotti Pasta.I am not exaggerating when I say yummilicious.It truly is..!!.I got a 9 oz pack from them n made this dish some days back..n I think,you can just boil n eat this without any sauce also,n even then it would be yum.These soft yummy pillows are filled with Wild mushrooms like Portabello n crimini n imported Pramesan n Grana Padano cheeses n garlic n they are bursting with flavor n taste.True treat to your taste buds..!!









Sorry,I dint take the pic of the pack,n the pics here are also clumsy.I mean,after tasting it,for the first time in my cooking history,I could control myself n all I could do was take a few quick snaps.:P..Soma has some wonderful pics n a recipe,n am seriously awed ,how she had the patience to do that..:D:D

I cant wait to catch the rest of their varieties, like chicken filled n all,in market.

Cook:

  • 1 pack Buittoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti (9 oz)

as per package directions.Drizzle with olive oil,stir n keep aside.

 

Toss:

  • 1 Cup of sliced/small cubed chicken

with

  • 1 Tbsp Corn flour
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • A sprinkle of Parsley flakes
  • Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper powder
  • 1/2 – 1 tsp Pepper flakes
  • Olive oil

and keep aside

Heat oil in a pan n saute

  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2-3 Jalapenos
  • 1/2 cup shallots/scallions
  • 1 tsp Ground Pepper

one by one,till the raw smell of garlic leaves n shallots are soft.

Make a paste of sundried tomatoes n some fresh basil,with a generous sprinkle of red pepper flakes.

Add:

  • 3-4 Tbsp of that paste into the pan n saute n simmer under low heat.(Bertollini’s pasta sauces are good as well)

Mean while heat oil in a pan n saute the chicken,till all the sides are evenly browned.The chicken will be aromatic,crisp n yummy.Resist the temptation to gobble it all up..:D

Add:

  • 1/2 a cup of Bell pepper slices

to the simmering sauce pan n saute till the peppers are soft.Roasted Peppers would be a great addition.(I was too much in a hurry to do that)You can add more of the tomato-basil paste n salt after a  taste test.

Now pour in

  • 1/2 a cup of fresh cream/whole milk
  • 1 tsp Butter

Stir n simmer.

Now add the fried chicken ,stir with the sauce n simmer for a while.

Sprinkle with more red pepper flakes,if you wish to give more kick.

Throw in the cooked Pasta,cover it with the sauce,close n simmer for sometime.

Sprinkle grated sharp Pepper Jack cheese,Italian seasoning,cilantro n parsley flakes over n serve hot..!!









See the inside,they just melt in your mouth..!!

Have a great weekend all of ya..:)

Hugs

StumbleUpon

52 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Asha said...

You seriously need to get a job asap girl, you are day dreaming now, little too much! ;D

Pasta looks fabulous. Never added Jalepenos to Pasta before, kids won't eat it anyway even if I do. But tastes wonderfully spicy tho'!Enjoy.

I am off too, very hot here, just watered my plants and some more gardening to do this weekend, hugs and see you on Monday. I am taking a break next month, may be until our Summer vacation over, will see! :)

Pooja said...

Wow lovely dish..dont worry the shots are great Varsha :) So tempting..though past lunch time this makes me feel hungry. And great write up..Reading your post makes me wish I was back at Kerala!

Vishali said...

wow u are seriously killing me with those delicious snaps....and that too on Friday eve :D. Very nice Mushroom with chicken n peppers...I wish I cld have some rt now.

Abt cric, yes they forget abt wts happening in rest of the world when its on. My god, even my hub is the same ;).

Okay then, u have a bright and colorful weekend!

Pooja said...

Looking colorful and nice varsha..

renuka said...

Even i am waiting for the IPL to be over.. Nice presentation and the pasta looks tempting..

Priya said...

Am drooling rite now, wat a delicious mushroom agnolotti with those chicken and pepper pieces..Makes me hungry!

Gita's Kitchen said...

Nice profile photo Varsha...the dish sure looks yummilicious :) I too got a packet of Wild mushroom agnolotti from Food Buzz, I've to prepare a sauce to go with it.

Soma said...

TGIF! ur posts always bring a smile:-D

gal what u did with these is pretty awesome. & i agree with u about these agnolottis.. they are soo good & i can't wait for them to hit the market.

SJ said...

This font is so much easier on the eye ;) Can't stop thinking home no?

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Pleasing pleasing yummy yummy what more can I say I am all hungry again oh boy!!!

Food said...

i just love ur blog, hands down!! so young and talented - u r admirable!

Superchef said...

get out of that couch , you lazy bum!! its such a nice and sunny day, you cant be lazy and day dreaming :D :D

the pasta looks soo delicious...never had agnolotti before..what is the shape like?? is it like ravioli?

Divya Vikram said...

I was guessing what you would be posting today! I did not get the agnolotti from foodbuzz! :(
Love the Indianized version! Looks scrumptious!!

Sakshi said...

You are gonna be contacted by all Airlines next to be their brand ambassador. At the rate you make people long to be back in India there is quiet a chance we all bloggers are gonna bump into each other at the airport. And if I do get to see ya you know we won't be worried about flight delays and all...loads to talk abt na wink wink

Still ROFL thinking about that 52 kgs thrown up 2 feet in the air and the backbone jugalbandi...u never fail to bring a hearty laugh with all your memories and yup makes me long to be back riding a KSRTC bus through the country side....sigh!! Maybe we both can take that bus ride together..howz that?

Gal trust you to sneak in chicken to any dish and make it splendour. The addition of sun dried tomatoes is awesome and I believe when you say its yummylicious. Yeah I forgive you for the pics as you have been putting up too many good pics lately and believe you were too busy stuffing these pillows into ur mouth to bother about pics.
Have a great weekend fighting with kutts and will do the same and get back to you on monday
huggs and love

Mangala Bhat said...

wow! dear u r a very good writer ..publish ur cook book sereously :)
lovely pics ..i am vegetarian ..that why i don't know how it tastes but looks soo yummy :)

myspicykitchen said...

After reading your post, I want to take the bus ride with you to your college.. :) Your pics are great.... enjoy ur weekend...

Priya Sriram said...

Thats a nice write up... Brings back my memories which is similar, except the journey was from Chennai to Salem.. :D
The dish looks very inviting.. Am drooling on the chicken...!!
Have a great weekend! :)

Sujatha said...

Your description about your ride back home sounds fabulous! :)

And your pasta looks exotic!

Poornima Nair said...

Hey Guess you made us all a bit nostalgic about home...I could just picture everything as I read ur post...I too remember being thrown up in all those bumpy rides, those were awesome times...
The pasta looks yummmm, so temting...

Cham said...

ha ha 52 kg in seat, gal u re seriously funny!
Like ur pasta with chicken very colorful in ur plate! Have a wonderful weekend.

Ria Mathew said...

I agree with Asha!!! you really need to get a job!! :D Lovely pics Varsha , looks seriously yummy!! And I know how good the ride is through Kuttanad because that's where my maternal home is! :) The best place on earth! *bliss* Have a great weekend!!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Hmm yummy pics...

Shama Nagarajan said...

loved reading ur post...yummy recipe..am drooling here......

Yasmeen said...

I miss the scenic drives too,mine was a different route though.And the leaks on rainy days,definitely needed an umbrella.
I've been on my toes these past 3 days,gorgeous weather ,can't waste a minute at home,never know what tomorrow's weather holds for us.
And speechless about the chicken dish,made a mistake reading your post with an empty stomach.have a sunny weekend:)

Sweta said...

I know what you mean about the IPL-it's the same scene here too!!
The dish looks great-has all my fave ingredients.

mathew said...

slurp................i need it soon..;-D

Madhumathi said...

Pasta looks fabulous..I'm crying now ..I need a plate of this stuff!!
Your description of this pasta made me drool for it..

Subhie Arun said...

yummy yummy..pics looks grt varsha....

Reeni♥ said...

What a delicious pasta!! Such yummy flavors in the sauce!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Lavanya said...

looking very colorful n yummy varsha..you always make nice dishes..i will try one of your dishes today ..n i will let you know :)

vidhas said...

Enjoyed reading Varsha LOL, Picture is looking good.

Deepa Hari said...

Beautiful clicks....looks colorful and delicious Varsha....u r making me hungry now....like the way u write abt. different things and ur experience.

Muneeba said...

Good one Varsha ... one of those dishes that you make by pure instinct, and they turn out better than expected!

Sharmilee! :) said...

Looking truely yummy!!

Happy cook said...

Hi hi i loved ashas comment :-)
Love the dish that picture looks so so drolley delicious.

Ammu said...

Wow! mouth watering & good feast to my eyes too. lovely dish. Very cute click.

Suparna said...

Hi Varsha,
Soma and you have made these tempting agnolotti into something wowishious ;) snaps that too the close up one got me drooling, lovely bright n colourful dish :)
Nice nostalgic read abt ur native. Awwww...u r missing ur native a bit too much girlie! now now day dreaming and all...huh! common take up writing seriously sweetie...u r really good at it :)
TC

Ana Powell said...

Hi Varsha
Your pasta dish looks fabulous.
Awesome photos x

Rush said...

fantafab...love this blog!!!
do visit mine

A_and_N said...

LOL, I love the way you've described the recipe!

Sanghi said...

Wow Varsha, mere looking makes me hungry here!! yummy click!!

Ann said...

Hey,Varsha,knock knock...can i come in lill late..haha..was caught with something..this time oh my god I really miss the journey through Kuttanad..thats truly awesome..and the journey back home with bandakkettu,yes,Varsha,we dont mind of anything else..great colorful journeys..
Btw,Photographs make me drool too !!

Chitra said...

Looks yumm varsha,i dont like pasta but i can make it for my husband:)

Purva Desai said...

Lovely and colourful click......Its really making me hungry

Pavithra said...

wow thats so nice photos... great work and it very much tempting

Vicky Xavier. said...

Agree with u about friday.Even on Mon, everyone will long for Friday evening:) I can visualize those days on reading ur college memories.
Lovely pasta dish. Tempts me a lot.

Smitha said...

Hey Varsha,
Thanx for reminding me abt the KSRTC bus rides. They are absolute killers. I call them coffins because u go in alive nad come out dead. I had severe back injuries which required medical attention for almost 2 yrs. thanx to those joy rides :)
Nice post varsha. Nice to see u chirping away.

Sweta said...

Varsha-thanks for stopping by my blog.
W.r.t the article-it's fructose sweetners(HFCS) and NOT fructose found naturally in fruits.So,don't stop eating fruits :)

Varsha Vipins said...

Thankyou Thankyou all..:)..lol..Like you all said,am not day dreaming too much..pretty busy actually..But but ..glad that you enjoyed my post..lols..:)
Manju,they look like small pillows..not like Raviolli..Anyhow,gonna hit markets soon n worth a try..:)
Ann..na..never late dear..even I am late ..see..:p

Nags said...

Oooh! This looks so good Varsha!

notyet100 said...

pasta looks yum,...:-)lovely memories,..

sangeeta said...

my comment on this cudn't get through last time.........i would like this pasta surely as i like the stuffed ravioli....n the add ons are great in your recipe.

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.