Friday, April 10, 2009

Simple Nutty Chocolate Muffin...!!!





Chocolate Muffin




Hi ..Wish you all a happy Easter..!! Hope you have a swell time with your loved ones..:) I know how jubiliant people gets on these festive ocassions,back in Kerala..Enjoying together,preparing food,going to church/temple..Its an entirely different mood there.Bright n cheerful..For us,Vishu is almost here n even then I don't feel anything..Seems like everythig has lost its color n zest.Even though I plan to prepare "kani" n Sadya n all,I know its just to keep up the tradition that I have been following since the time I could remember.It's a tuesday,n as usual he'll be going to office..n then I'll be left alone for good here,making all sorts of traditonal food n all..Its disgusting to cook , a lot,alone n that too at good times like these..Ahh..well...Guess I'll be having a hard time,to make beleive my sore self that it's indeed Vishu.. !

Back home,It was the most awaited festival,even more than Onam n all..because of the blissful kani n kaineettam ..I'll share all those memories in another post..On blogger side,I hope to update my Sadya label with some more entrees.But I dunno,if I would be patient enough to photograph it ,mebe I would be nuts after all those long cooking..Stained apron +sore arms= Heavy gulp + big snore..:D..

Its dull and raining outside..A melancholic chill..Last few days it was pretty warm n we even had to switch off our temperature control and slept with side windows open,n now again back to square one.After that disheartening contemplation ,I feel am at lose of words ..n then I look out of my long window pane to see,the sky pouring its hearts off..!!


Oh God..am trying to think of some pleasant things to jot down n can u believe me ,I am not getting even one..!! Am I becoming a loser pessimist..?? sobss..Ok..The weather is gonna brighten up soon and I'll try plea him to take a leave on tuesday..n we got a pot of bright yellow marguerites,to welcome spring to our living room n I hope am not suffocating it too much with water directly proportional to my care.I am happy that my BMI is good,even though I am alarmed at my tummy.I am excited that,I am going to grab some interesting (trash) stuffs during weekend shopping..Duh..!! It was difficult,still I managed to come up with this few..Doesn't help much though..:D..How about this bright pic?? Blinking red eye.?? :D



Chocolate Muffin



Ok..Thanks for the patience n sorry to have mortified you with all that bla bla's(if u really did dare to go through it..:D) ,but as you might have got it by now, I am cranky n left to sulk today and I was trying to cheer me up .Suddenly even this blogging is beginning to feel like a chore to me..I love to go through all your pages n drool,but I dont feel like touching my keyboard.Sorry if I missed to comment on any of your posts..But then I know,if I miss even any of my routine posts,this hobby is also going to get buried in those dark corners,amongst all those other long-lost ones..



Chocolate Muffin

..n So so am I am up with this very simple plain chocolate cupcake/muffin..This was just whipped out in a short time,without any major plans,on a lazy evening.Even though there is not much to post,I loved the way it came out..Soft n moist n plump n thought may be it would help any beginner's like me...See it..:)..Courtesy is to Allrecipes n delish sites..

Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar n chips,if you are not very fond of sweet tastes..Its still tasty..!!






You need:(for 12 large muffins)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cups white sugar (You can lessen the amount,use honey/splenda..'cos we are adding choc chips)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 -1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips n a few more if you want to melt on top
3/4 cup chopped walnuts n craisins n flax seeds (Healthy!!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In medium bowl, Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl stir in milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients to large bowl and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.The crust will break and it'll be slightly moist n spongy.Toothpick test wont work well,as there are molten chip inside..So trust your oven..usually 20 mins will do well.Take care not to over-bake.



Chocolate Muffin


The muffins were fragrant ,plump n yummy n we loved it. You can stash it in fridge n reheat in MW before using..:)



..n these yums are off to Poornima's Chcolate event..:)


..So enjoy your Easter n have a fab weekend..!!



Hugs

StumbleUpon

59 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Superchef said...

delicious muffins!!!

yeah, i know what you are saying about Vishu, especially on a weekday. Last year atleast it was a monday so we celebrated it on Sunday itself ( considering its already vishu in India by then :D ). I dont know what im doing this year. Not a full fledged sadya, maybe just payasam or something!

Varsha Vipins said...

Haa..That was super quick Super chef..You giving me motvation to the idea of dropping my Sadya plan..:P

Indhu said...

yummy muffins.. and about the weather and your mood - both will improve in the days to come... love to read your posts as they are always happy and chatty... we want those kind of posts again :)

Sathya Sankar said...

These are lovely muffins. Happy Easter. :)

Priya Sriram said...

Those clicks are sooooo awesome Varsha! Always love the way you present! :)
Chocolate muffins look irresistable!

Madhumathi said...

Mmmmmmmmm..Delicious muffins,Varsha.I'm just drooling here.Nice clicks :)

Divya Vikram said...

Oh no Varsha! Where are your bubbly posts filled with life..Cheer up girl.I know how it is to stay here far away from our parents esp during festivals.Miss India too! Anyways muffins look moist n yumm! Nice pics as usual.I posted a muffin recipe too!!

Gita's Kitchen said...

Lovely muffins Varsha, even I used to feel like that during festivals, especially when it comes during weekdays, do all the cooking and pooja and rush to office!

Nazarina A said...

Listen,
I could very well be a happy camper with these chocolate muffins everyday for tea time or java time!

Trupti said...

lovely muffins Varsha. I also posted simple apple muffin y'day.I also missed india specially during festival period :(

Cham said...

For us is Tamil New year on Tuesd, All festiv are in the same rythm here, even Christmas, right? I feel there is no spirit! Every do it in their corner! But whatever is I do it just to show my son is a festival!
I ve already itchy eyes due to allergy and ur pict is glimmering! What a moist muffins, throw me some i will catch it babe :)
Take care and have great weekend ahead!

Sakshi said...

Gal you made me crawl back from my part of the Grand Canyon with this yummy post. Chocolate is something that can elevate my mood to a dizzying height and u did it with those wonderful pic of urs. Hate you for posting that bitten muffin pic....grrr..me envious !!!

Vishu, Diwali, Eid all those festivals kind of loosinf its lustre here and my son twitches his nose when we utter India...godd that drives me nuts and I sulk on Halloween in return!!!

Beautiful pics as usual...liked the choco chips and the red Russell Stover background!!!

Lavanya said...

looks delicious varsha dear..i understood your feelings..even i feel the same ...sometimes..we have to pay for it by living here in USA :(

Priya said...

Thats a delicious n stunning pictures...Lovely presentation!

SJ said...

Even you had to post a chocolate muffin thing? Those guys: A n N are already driving me nuts with their cakes and pudding and what not. Now you !

I have nothing to say about festivals+india+parents+USA, have blogged enough and more about it. *Sigh*

Uma said...

looks so delicious. Gorgeous pics :)

Sanghi said...

Lovely varsha..! yummmy !

Laavanya said...

I love that snap with a bit taken off so we can view the chocolatey goodness on the inside. The walnuts and craisin addition must've made this extra special. With just 2 tbsp of oil, this is an indulgence that won't affect your waist too much :)

Prathibha said...

The Muffins look very moist...Nice pics as well...

Ushanandini said...

Lovely muffin! Gorgeous pics!
Happy Easter!

Pooja said...

delicious and lovely muffins varsha...nice clicks..

Varunavi said...

Delicious muffins.Happy easter to u and have a great day....

Rachel said...

wow I love the cracks on the surface..

Make the Impossible...Possible said...

Yummy and soft choc muffins....You have clicked the half eaten muffin for us to feel greedy...so cruel....you are a real thief...kalllli pennu.....:D ....Happy Vishu.....

RAKS KITCHEN said...

I wish I could take one from out there!Looks great Varsha:)

vidhas said...

Yummy Muffins. Waiting for your sadya post. Can you pass me the muffinds.

Aparna Prabhu said...

Varsa ur clicks make me dig into....
too good clicks nd muffins must say!

sowmya said...

yummy muffins..

Akal's Saappadu said...

they look absolutely perfecr with those slight cracky texture and the nutty chocolate mmmmmm, that must be doing some good to your melancholic moods; the sun is coming soon and the flowers are out, cheer up girl! wish you a very happy birthday a day in advance (going to my sis's place for easter)may joy, bliss, happiness, peace and love be with you for always! Cheers!!

Tina said...

Superrrr mole.....thakarpan......

Reeni♥ said...

These would cheer me up any day. Snuggle up with one and a cup of tea and a movie. I hope the sunshine finds you soon! Have a lovely Easter!

Ann said...

Varsha,hey dont be that moody..come up and let us celbrate vishu..make yummy payasams and post dear...happy vishu in advance !! the muffins make me drool..send some here da

Andy said...

Hey....Sakshi's blog kicked me directly onto yours.

Those things u baked....slurppp slurrrrrrrrpppppppp.
Wooooeeeee...
Dude, those really look tasty..

Expect me back.
Anand. :-)

Cilantro said...

Delicious muffins...looks too good.
Happy Easter and Happy Vishu!!!

Soma said...

Awesome muffins & pictures.. that contrast with the red russell st.. looks stunning & I like the tempting bitten one too..

the shopping does give u the kicks:-D

Joie de vivre said...

These look gorgeous and yummy! Have a great weekend Varsha!

Kumudha said...

So many delicious recipes !

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

muffins look too good varsha. wish i could have them. tell me one thing.. how are you able to take bright beauriful pics when the weather is so gloomy out there.. haha.

regarding the backdrop of my tomato juice, it's my dhupatta.. lol.

Varsha Vipins said...

thanks my dears..oopss..Did I push some of you too into the great depression trench?lols..Thanks for all those kind brighten-up words n I'll sure come up with a bright post on Monday..n thankfully am doing great now with all those preps for ma b'day..:)
For all of you who hated me for the bitten pic..lol..love u..:* .:D:D
Mahi..Its bright here on somedays n then I dig up my stuffs n clicks..:P..else I use a standlight..:)

myspicykitchen said...

delicious muffins.... they look very moist nd soft... Happy Easter and Vishu!!!

Lakshmi said...

Hey Varsha I feel very happy reading ur posts.gives me a feel of being in Seattle.Trust me this time am actually missing being in Seattle.I miss the weather too.Its soooooo damn hot and sultry in chennai.

Wishing you and family a Happy Easter and a Very happy Vishu too.Write to me wen ur free.

Yummy muffins da.ur pics are really awesome as usual :)

Lakshmi said...

Hey Varsha enjoyed reading ur post.gives me a feeling of being in Seattle.Actually am missing the seattle weather a lot right now.Its soo damn hot and sultry here.write to me wen ur free da.

Wishing you and family a very Happy easter and happy vishu.

Yummy muffins and the pics are awesome as usual :)

mathew said...

muffins are my usual breakfasts here whenever I get bored of the regular bread,muesli, crossiant routine! this one looks awesome...who bothers about calorie bomb!;-D

ARUNA said...

yummyyyyy delicious muffins Varsha....they look irresistable! Gorgeous pics!

Vibaas said...

those are yum! Hope you had a fun filled day today! :)

sharada said...

The snaps are breath taking...i love the way you pen ur words...gives me a feeling that i am reading a novel.The muffins looks way too perfect!!
Belated easter greetings!Cheer up!!!

Bharti said...

Cheer up sweetie! You sound so glum. Your muffins look so delicious!

Vishali said...

Luv the choco muffins Varsha....they look so professional and delsih! u shld open ur own signature bakery ;).
I am probably the late one to comment :D. Hope u had a nice weekend dear!

A_and_N said...

If those muffins dont cheer you up, I dont know what to say! Chocolate cures EVERYTHING :)

Suparna said...

Hi Varsh,
cOmmon girl cheer up now! it's always goo to c u in ur high spirits and contagious chirpyness :) ur posts have been really great,bright :) now now don't think of getting bored of visiting the fellow bloggers blog! BTW I'm watching marley n me tonight :) had bought it a week back but didn't get the time to c.
common girl make some dhamaka on vishu and post some authentic recipes...we r always there to try and taste the recipes at our homes ;)Happy b'day to u (my b'day is on the 15th dear...so that makes 2 ariens ;))Happy vishu in advance! have a great feast.
YUMM MUFFINS look SO CHOCOLATEY n moist

My Carolina Kitchen said...

Chocolate muffins with nuts.....it can't get any better than that. Thanks for sharing.
Sam

Ammu said...

Chocolate with nut muffins looks lovely & yummy. Nice click.

Sophie said...

The texture on these muffins is fantastic! They look deliciously chocolatey-yum! :)

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks thanks everyone..Couldnt respond promptly as I was busy all the time..:)

Helene said...

Now I want to make these. They are superbe.

padmaja said...

Oh they look so delicious!!!! I'm just mad at everything that is made of chocolate.

Yasmeen said...

The ogle-worthy muffins look so densely chocolaty:)

Deepa Hari said...

Lovely Muffins....nicely presented Varsha.

Anonymous said...

varshaspaceblog.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.