Monday, March 2, 2009

Drinking Chocolate...!!!


Hii..Hope you are all at the various stages of fighting Monday Blues like me.. :p
Unlike any other place anywhere else,here this is not a day worth any blues.Because snuggling in ma couch with a cotton-wrapped throbbing mass of a left hand thumb,I can see fine bright rays of sun seeping into my living room,like golden strands, and mass of clouds meandering across the sky like a herd of fat lambs.Its all so beautiful here.. :) Wish it was like this yesterday.We lazy bums,finally made ourselves to get out of home yesterday to satiate my shopaholic self,and there it was raining ,cats n dogs.But I have to admit,it was somewhat romantic to walk together under an umbrella ,through the pretty drenched streets.malu

If you are still clueless about my thumb..yeah..thumbs up..its the clumsy meh.. :p
I was cutting one quite stubborn raw plantain today,when the knife slipped and sank into my flesh.I dunno,if because of the bloody sight or the amount of blood lost,I had a serious dizziness,n before collapsing managed to send the danger signal to him over phone.Poor thing came running after a massive loot of his office first aid and did everything n more he could do.I was wailing like a maniac,when the antiseptic hit the spot.gosh..!! :D ..So here I am slumbering,don't feel like going out n all..Good that its my left hand thumb,otherwise what would I do to type,n to eat ofcourse?oh..blur

I got some pretty good responses for my last post..I guess almost all of you agree with me about having this experience of being left un-acknowledged.I just brought that topic out of a spur -of-the-moment feel.But surely it helped all of us to share our feeling about this right? :) ..So that's it..n I am happy with all the sweet words n views that I get from you all..As I always say,please keep visiting n that's what makes me move on. :) ..Ofcourse sometimes it makes me lil tensed also, that I should be able to bring out good things that'll keep you wanting for more..Because I always have a lazy clumsy other side.. :D





Ok..so I guess you all know n love drinking Chocolate. as much as I do.I had'nt ever tried it,'cos like I mentioned in older posts,we both don't have a sweet-tooth.More over I like to munch on chocolate bars only.I just love Cadbury's Fruits n nuts n also Flakes.But frankly,I guess this is the most easiest n tasty dessert ,you can whip out in few minutes of time.n if using good quality chocolate(more than 60 % cacao) its so full of goodness too.. :).I fell in love wit this,n of course the greedy me drank the better part off.Thank God,he is a Vanilla lover.. :D




Drinking Chocolate(For six servings )

8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces - Grab the best quality ones. I love Valrhona Guanaja 70%, Ghiradelli's is great too.Hershey's got some good baking bars too,with less %)

1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon

A pinch of salt

Some whipping cream for topping n some chocolate shavings too,if you like.Get imaginative with toppings.. :)


Heat the whipping cream in a sauce pan,in simmer for 2 mins. Take care n be patient while doing this.Scrap the sides of the pan n stir in between.

Add the milk and bring to a boil.Stir in between here too..

Sprinkle the cinnamon powder on top.

Keep the choclate chopped and ready in a bowl,and pour the hot milk cream mix over it.

Let it remain so for 5 mins.

Now stir it smooth with a wooden spoon.Ready !!!

Top with smooth whipped cream,choc shavings,raspberries n what not.. lapar

This drink will be smooth n thick while still warm.But as it cools,you'll get small chocolate crystals floating,which can be smoothed by just warming n stirring.But I love to get the feel of those melting on my tongue.So I have kept it ,n u can see that in the pics.I ended up tasting it too much that ,there was literally nothing much left to pour into the glass.. :D

In other cuisines ,like Mexican ,Belgian etc,they add Rum,wine etc.So feel free to play around with your Drinking Chocolate.But I JUST LOVE IT THIS WAY..!! :)

See my dirty drink.. :P



StumbleUpon

52 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Uj said...

looks yummy..Anything with chocolate works for me.. Take care girl.. do not strain yourself.

Trupti said...

I am also not that much fan of Chocolate but Chocolate drink looks very yummy Varsha ...Nice click

Sara said...

This looks delicious! I love drinking chocolate, it's so rich and decadent

Sakshi said...

Who in the world left you alone with a knife?? I have a hunch you were near your laptop while cutting the veg..tsk..tsk...gal keep your fingers and the rest of you safe and sound ok?? My salute to your 911 hubby who reached on time.
What a post...was giving my last prayers before sleeping (of course I thank god through internet too) when I saw ur post. Now will be having sweet chocolatey dreams..me in the chocolate factory with Johnny Depp!!!
Hey any way u can parcel these things to Boston...looks too delicious and by the amount left in the glass it screams YUMMY!!!

Cham said...

My quest is did u made this chocol before cutting ur finger? Looks superb :) Did someone complain,one of ur widget takes a long time to load! Take care

Superchef said...

mmm..wuts better than a nice cup of chocolatey goodness...n pls take care while chopping veggies...ya..i shudnt be saying this cos i always have atleast 3-4 cuts in my fingers at any given point of time..but still take care..:):)

Vandana Rajesh said...

Lovely chocolate drink...yummy chocolate is a welcome treat anytime for me.

Resh said...

Wow ..it looks great....i am amazed at the way u keep on updating new recipes every now n then eventhough u call urself lazy!!! get well soon ;D

Reeni♥ said...

I'm sorry about your thumb! I hope it's feeling better. I do love chocolate, any kind of chocolate! Your drink looks extremely delicious, that would satisfy my craving!

Indhu said...

awesome drink - slurp slurp :)
and take care of that thumb!

Sanghi said...

Mmmm.. choco treat varsha..!! Let me have a gulp???!!! :)

5 Star Foodie said...

Hope your thumb is healing fast. This chocolate drink looks heavenly!

Poornima Nair said...

Awesome drink...looks delicious...ur not the only one having accidents in the kitchen...my knife is my worst enemy:)

Madhumathi said...

Yummm..This is lookig DE-LI-CI-OUS..
Take care of your thumb,Varsha

Lavanya said...

my husband loves choclate..i will give a try!!
Awesome pic..looks mouthwatering varsha..

Shama Nagarajan said...

take care dear....delicious chocolate...yesterday we got a new car.....thank you for ur yummy drink...hehehe.....

sowmya said...

looks delish..hope you are ok with that thumb now..

Priya Sriram said...

Take care Varsha!

Awesome clicks of that chocolate drink! Coulda had it if I were in Kirkland... SIGH!! :(

Resh said...

thanks a lot varsha ...seeing a comment pop up as soon as you post one ...is a great encouragement!...pinne enku snorkelling reshma ennu ithra pettannu label itto...athu vendayirunnu....i am also jobless...but i guess i will be qualified to be ur guru in the field of laziness!

sangeeta said...

hey you had a 'pyaar hua ikrar hua' moment first n then the hero comes rushing to nurse your thumb.....he he ...very filmi....you made me laugh.....

this drink of your's reminds me of my mudslide c..tail...naaa......i am on low cal food for now.......no comments on this sinful act....shooo..

vidhas said...

Nice Chocalote drink Varsha. Awesome click gal!! Hope your thumb is better now. Take care, something is waiting for you in my blog.

Asha said...

Ouch!! Be careful Varsha. When I start cooking I make sure I pay full attention to avoid this kind of situation. Also it's better to have a very sharp knife than a dull knife which cuts you more. Hugs, take care! :)

Its 2nd day of snow and ice today, kids are home, so keeping myself off of the Laptop most of the day. Hot chocolate, you and I both need that now. Wish Spring will be here soon.

notyet100 said...

this looks so delish,..tk cre:-)

Laavanya said...

What a yummy snap that is... makes me want to have a glassful right away. I also loved your beautiful pics of the sambhar and crostini... very vibrant.

Malar Gandhi said...

You take care. The picture looks perfect as usual...love it.

Malar Gandhi said...

You take care, picture looks perfct as usual...love it.

Priya said...

Awesomen n simply gorgeous...just drooling here!!

Chandani said...

hey varsha, thanks for dropping by:) am a first time visitor of your blog, but will be a regular from now on, you have so many delicious dishes for me to try!!!
am such a huge fan of chocolate, this looks heaven:)

Deepa Hari said...

Hope you are feeling better Varsha...Take care of yourself Dear...delicious chocolate drink....i am ready to sip it.

Yasmeen said...

Be careful with the knife Hon,not that I always was,I did come up with a solution for my carelessness,use a slightly blunt knife for everyday chopping,also with my kids around,its safer.
A chocolate drink is perfect way to pamper urself after the trauma.Take care:)

Paru ... said...

Way to go girl:)..what a lovely drink..

Smitha said...

Poor you.But you got to pampering yourself with some good drink huh? Even with a bruised thumb you seem to be making some good stuff. Hats off!
I love the idea of you having used bitter chocolate becos I'm a big big fan of it.
Cheers! Btw, your biryani recipe was great :)

Ann said...

hmmm...i am not a choco person dear..but looks delicious..
deaire,knife is not for kids..ask your hubby to keep it somewhere..(kizhukku tharum..ketto)

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks for you care n nice words all ..My thumb is getting better.. :D
Ann,kizhukku kitti..lol :D

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

whole milk+ heavy cream +chocolate =heaven!! :))

AnuSriram said...

Hey.. be careful dear! Tc. Chocolate drink looks awesome! I love that!

Lakshmi said...

hey Varsha take care of ur thumb and be careful when cutting those hard veges/Wow yummy yummy chocolate drink! love the pics.they look so good.

Nithya Praveen said...

Hey girl...this looks sinful.....lovely pic too.Take care of your thumb.

Ashwini said...

OMG The chocolate drink is so tempting..Lovely pictures..Take care of your thumb..and be careful with knives..

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks Mahima,Lakshmi,Ashwini n Nithya..Am so glad to see u all care for me.:)

veggie belly said...

wow! for an injured finger, youve created a great looking drink!

Priti said...

Though am not very big fan of chocolate but this looksso inviting and to go along wit Monday blues is perfect ;)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh oh how is your thumb dear? Love the drinking chocolate...Adding cinnamom gives spicy twist to the drink.....Iam carving for this right now....

Purva Desai said...

My fav destination for Drinking Chocolate is Starbucks......but I guess it will be ur house now...it looks rich and gorgeous


Participate in colourful and fun filled event of Holi

http://purvasdaawat.blogspot.com/2009/03/event-announcement-holi-hai.html

Akal's Saappadu said...

sounds terribly tempting and delicious! a rich feasty cacao drink!

A_and_N said...

Hey get well soon! sorry to hear abt your thumb. But I bet drinking that chocolate must have cured you right then ;)

Vicky Xavier. said...

I love chocolate with anything:) that too ur drink makes me drooling. Take care dear .

Soma said...

OOOOPps that must hurt bad... knife cuts hurt later more than they do when it happens.. or is it that i feel like that? Relax, & don't cook:-) I would make an excuse to go eat out!

I am not fond of drinking choc. but wait till my daughter sees this! I like your use of cinnamon.

Dershana said...

Be careful with that knife, girlie. Lovely, slurpy drink there!

Ankita said...

I can have chocolate anytime,anywhere and in any form:).
Yours look really yummy.

Usha said...

Hey Varsha, Chocolate looks fantastic, hope your thumb is getting better now, how on earth did you make this and take pictures with an injured thumb, amazing !

Dazy said...

Drinking chocolate is my hot favorite. I am planning this treat for the holidays. This is simply soothing. This is something one can’t afford to miss.

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.