Friday, March 13, 2009

Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie..!!




Again a weekend..!! Time has got wings or what..!!.It feels like , few days back only I posted my last Friday post,wishing you a great weekend.Its so full of shine here since a couple of days..warm n lovely,n when we are planning for an outing on weekend,weather.com says Seattle is gonna get peevish n rainy on weekend.Can you guess how irritated I am?Anyhow,we are not going to miss it this weekend..will take the umbrella n go get dirty.. :P

Thanks to everyone who suggested tips for increasing my blog speed.I have been on quite a research n did fix it up a little..I guess IE finds it difficult to open this,while Firefox is a winner.IE is so drag n slow for almost all sites.I quit it long long back.So all you who are still with IE,please do try Firefox,its tons better..!!

I made this drink last week,when it was cold n dreary.After that,my neighbors have a very good reason to think that I am nuts.I was trying to take the pics inside,n with the meager amount of light seeping in and the dark color of the drink,all I was getting was a lousy dark pic.So I had to make the settings in my balcony.Seeing my outdoor shooting in nearly 40 F(5 deg) , with outfits that are not so fit for the climate n my body flexing in weird positions,I dare not imagine what they might have had in mind.I thought I could wind up with 2 snaps,but then you know,my unsatisfied self did more job,n I barely managed to escape inside,before I got transformed into an ice-girl.. :D




..n I dedicate this post to the memory of that pretty glass..:D..yeah..its no more..!! Good that I was able to take at least one pic out of it.This was one I got in huge reduction(some 80 cents,mebe that's why,just one mild strike of it on my draw top made it go into pieces..:( ),along with that spice box n many other things from World market.Yeah..For all my dear readers,who loved my spice box n commented n mailed me about it,it was purchased from Cost Plus World Market.You can check it out online,but of course the price is more than double now..Also crockery crazy people like me can check out this dinnerware n much more at cookware.com,which is another site I found interesting..:)

Coming to this pucca Vegan drink,(courtesy is to delish.com),its one with plenty of protein from both tofu and soymilk, n this banana-split-inspired breakfast smoothie will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.

You need:
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup silken tofu
  • 1/2 cup soymilk
  • 2 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp honey
Slice banana and freeze until firm.
Blend tofu, soymilk, cocoa and honey in a blender until smooth.
With the blender running, add the banana slices through the hole in the lid and continue to puree until smooth.



Easy no?Perfect for your breakfast n any snack time .Trust me,its so filling n good that you wont feel like nibbling on those unhealthy stuffs till the next meal time.. :)

I guess this can go to Trupti's RFRU Picnic eats,brain kid of Ramki .. :)

..n the sound of word "Vegan" instantly reminds me of Vaishali,n there an excited me go pestering her,if my current Vegan item can be included for her ongoing event.. :D ..(I cant believe I made a couple of Vegan dishes.. :O) So this time too,my smoothie is going for Its a Vegan world -Mexican hosted by sweet Vaishali.. :)

..n Magnificient Click event of Gayathri.. :)

Also Thanks so very much to Purva n Vidhas who passed me all those lovely bunch of awards in my sidebar..I am so honored n glad dearies.. :)

Hugs n Happy weekend..!! :)

peluk StumbleUpon

74 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Cham said...

I love anything chocolate! It is simply gorgeous and inviting ur drink! Happy weekend :)

Vaishali said...

Varsha, That's a lovely smoothie: such vivid flavors. And yes, send it on!

Helene said...

I would enjoy drinking this dring. Looks so tasty.

Indhu said...

that's soo yummy looking...this is such a healthy and tasty drink :) .. and I love the second picture... I should also try going to the balcony from now to take pictures... and the weather in Seattle - don't ask... its sunny all through the week when I am sitting at work.. and then it starts snowing and raining during the week :(

Indhu said...

previous comment - I meant raining and snowing during the weekend... can U guess that I am sleeping at work :)

Ashwini said...

Addotion of tofu is unique..Love anything with chocolate and also which is very healthy..yumm

Sakshi said...

I know I would love this smoothie..Banana and chocolate..rolled into one soul...match made in heaven..yummy!!
I agree with ur neighbours..u sure are nutty..would have loved a snap of an ice gal holding this drink in her hand though :)
A two minute silence for that pretty glass..but I guess you made it live like a king in its last few days..with all that chocolate in its belly and the heavenly settings...
have a great weekend rain or shine...

Varsha Vipins said...


Cham,thanks n same to u..:)
Vaishali..am on my way..thanks..:)
Thanks Helene..:)
Indhu.. :D lol..I guessed it.. :P Thanks n am also banging my head on abt this crazy weather here..:X
Thanks Ashwini..:)
Sakshi,lol..yeah..he got to be a king for a day..:D

Ushanandini said...

I and my daughter love chocolate drinks. Your smoothie looks dainty in the glass.

Varsha Vipins said...

oops..just missed u Usha.Thanks so much..
I guess many got an feel of chocolate drink in this smoothie..But this is not much choclatey..I used chocolate soy milk..thats y the looks,but u can always use plain/vanilla/any other flavored Soy milk..:)

Reeni♥ said...

It looks positively delicious!! I love smoothies for the warmer weather. Your page loaded so much faster today! You did good work!

Lakshmi said...

Wow! the brown choco colour is so inviting.Ur pics are turning out to be amazing man! good job and keep it up.

Superchef said...

guess what im just back form Trader Joes and got a carton of chocolate soy milk and i open my laptop and see your post in the reader...coincidence or what? :D me made another trip to world market today...had to buy coffee n some spices..thats like the only store that ive consistently in love with for the past one year or so! :)

jayasri said...

what a nutritious drink, & the photo shoot is really great

Lavanya said...

unique smoothie..i love it..i will give a try!!

Yasmeen said...

Delicious Smoothie to brighten the sleepy Seattle weather.Enjoy the weekend:)

A_and_N said...

Such a funny post! :D Gimme chocolate anytime baby!

- N

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

This smoothie looks delicious! A nice combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Dibs said...

Anything for a great click...let neighbours think whatever..who cares ;-)))))

The snaps are awesome!

Sharmilee! :) said...

Lovely smoothie with a neat presentation.....
Abt IE, I've escaped from it long back and since then I am chrome!!
Hope you have a happy weekend!!

Smitha said...

Hey, Wonderful pic. Love the ingredients that went into your smoothie.

Aparna said...

Your smoothie looks delicious.
I'm a little hesitant about the tofu, but the chocolate in it swings it for me.:)

Soma said...

That's a fantastic shot!! Lovely smoothie.. tho i'm not a banana fan, but u added cocoa here:-)

We have a lotta stuff from The World Market.. furniture too. I love the place..even for window shopping.

i was actually going to write to u that i am having trouble opeing ur page.

5 Star Foodie said...

It's the time for smoothies :) I love your banana and cocoa smoothie! Looks gorgeous with all those bubbles too!

Ann said...

Varsh,awesome click..Myself is not a choco person dear,still tempting...hmmm..and i join the 2 mts silence of sakshi..ha ha ..poor glass...pretty.!!
(oh my,i havent tried that 25 random factors yet dear..evertime I come here,feeling sorry..dearie,next post is dedicated to your tagging.love)

KF said...

Smoothie looks delicious!! My 2 kids are fond of Cocoa smothie.

Lavanya said...

varsha..check now my blog ..some problem i guess :))

Poornima Nair said...

Wow...you could make me drink anything that has chocolate in it...just want to grab that drink, very tempting.
Btw all my neighbours are convinced I'm crazy and also worried that I'm gonna sprain my back soon:)...

Sharmilee! :) said...

Glad that I was able to make some things atleast clear abt photography :)

Varunavi said...

Lovely smoothie dear.I have blogrolled u

rekhas kitchen said...

wow delicious oohh with chocolate yummmy

sharada said...

Hi,
U have got a lovely blog here & the smoothie looks just fantastic.Thanks dear for visiting my blog.Do come again.

Madhumathi said...

Ahh..Varsha,The smoothie looks delicious ..Never tried banana n cocoa combo..I will try this very soon..
Awesome click,dear :)

SriLekha said...

wow! its looking so....... delicious n yum!
lovely shot!

sangeeta said...

nice pics......smoothie is good.....i give mithi this kind of things....loved it.

sangeeta said...

and your glass dear, may be you were able to fulfill his last wish....may be he wanted to model once in his lifetime........

Shama Nagarajan said...

wow..lovely smoothie...nice post

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

first pic is lovely Varsha... i love smoothies but never tried this combo...would love to.

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

Lovely smoothie Varsha...nice different combo. healthy one! awesome pic!

Priya said...

Wow would love to have rite now, even with a sore throat am for, prefect clicks Varsha, seems u r professional in photograph;)

n33ma said...

That must have been a Lovely chocolate flavored soy drink......Nice click too

Preety said...

you did a very good job regardless of freezing outside..i love to make this all the time..i don't actually add tofu in mine i use yogurt to give the thickness but tofu is a healthy addition..love the glass in the pic..so sad it is no more:(..

Adlak's tiny world said...

hey cutie often changing yr prof pic.. cute and good looking da.

BTW keep that glass i m on the way.. hey stop stop stop don have that i m telling u na i m coming.

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Superb picture of the smoothie varsha!! Looks great:)

veena said...

Hi Varsha .
Smoothie looks just fantastic

Priya Sriram said...

Lovely clicks Varsha! Nice presentation!

Arch said...

U've managed a great pic after all that :) Very healthy and great looking smoothie...

Priti said...

Gosh this looks so yummy...wonderful click dear....

Happy cook said...

Wow this is one of the most delicious smoothie i have seen.
Superb.

Suma Rajesh said...

wht a flavourful refreashing drink..loved it..

Ankita said...

A healthy drink with just a few healthy ingredients.Quick,easy looks tasy too.

Vibaas said...

hi varsha..seems to be working fine now and it was fast too :)

Vibaas said...

the smoothie looks yum. forgot to mention ;-)

Paru ... said...

I would give anything to get a sip of that smoothie Varsha :)..It looks absolutely exotic

Vani said...

Healthy and good lookin' :)

Joie de vivre said...

Happy Weekend Varsha!

Cynthia said...

Oh gosh, you make me feel like having a big mug of cocoa :)

Thanks for visiting!

Gita's Kitchen said...

A healthy drink with chocolate! love it...I have been thinking of incorporating tofu in my diet...thanks for such a delicious smoothie :)

Deepa Hari said...

Yum Yum...love the smoothie Varsha.

Sushma said...

wow!!, You have such a nice space, I wonder how I missed it these many days :)
Great going.
Coming to your drink, I'm all drooling here..

delhibelle said...

yum-o!

Akal's Saappadu said...

looks yummmmm, my teddies would love that, me too!

Ranjani said...

interesting combination of flavors and a great click!

aquadaze said...

i love anything chocolate...even if it has soy in it :)

Vicky Xavier. said...

smoothie looks so great . Its always a fun to have various smoothies:)

notyet100 said...

lovely clicks,..nd the smoothie looks syum,//

priar's, said...

Varsha,
thank u so much for ur sweet comments....smoothie looks yum...must try once

AnuSriram said...

Hmmmm... Yummy smoothie... Nice pics! Inviting!!

Ramya Bala said...

This loks delicious Varsha...

Divya Vikram said...

That looks phenomenal! And lovely pic!

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks one n all..glad that u all found the smoothie lovely..guess I got so many chocoholics here..:D

Everything's Herbed said...

give yourself a pat on the back. for a yummy smoothie and great pics!

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks amazing and i am going to give it a go...though as it has honey it is not a vegan drink (a true vegan does not use or consume anything animal or from animals!), so will leave this out...hopefully will not mess with the final flavour!

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks for tat point anony..will keep this in mind in future...

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.