Friday, February 20, 2009

A simple Tomato -Bell Pepper Bruschetta with some Egg-Mushroom Scramble...!!!

I am so excited and glad seeing all your responses to my first baking..Thanks so much n it really means lot to me..Indeed it was my very first try on baking a real bread,n glad that you found it good enough..n I have noted the suggestions put forward by some of you..Thanks for that too..:)







As I told in last post,I am posting our delicious n healthy Breakfast recipe.I know its not much for a post,'cos its as simple as a snap.A simple Bruschetta with some Egg-mushroom scramble.Breakfast is always an effort for me.yeah..u know why..If someone asks me you wanna go to Hogwarts(now..for confused souls..that's my life-time dream..yup..nuts..:P) or get an extra wink of sleep in the morning,maybe I would happily agree for the latter.I still remember,back in home,when I was small,my dad would really kick my a** for this.Later on the little devil of me,on hearing dad's footsteps in the morning,would run to my bathroom and continue slumbering there.Poor dad will think that I am getting ready n will go down.Mebe he will be awing at this now..:D..So I was telling my pain in fixing a breakfast..But I am lucky that ,I am blessed with a sweetheart husband (who never ever nudges me up from sleep.:) ),the ability of multitasking and some sleight of hand.Most of the days I'll go for variety of toasts,combo's that I could think of at that time.Some days when am really lazy,its always Oats.Such an easy n fantastic breakfast ready in few minutes..Just toss in some berries n nuts n you are all good to go..Weekends are time for elaborate Mallu breakfasts, like Masala Dosa,Puttu kadala,Appam n all those yummie's..:)







Talking about Bruschetta's,am still not sure if its difference from Crostini's..Even after a bit of research both seemed to be more or less the same for me.I guess crostini's are made on thin party-bread slices made max crispy and topped up,while Bruschetta's are more thick n less crispy.More details are gladly welcome..:)..I havent added any spices,like Basil or oregano as I dont like it much with bread.Also I was running short of green Bell Peppers,else it would have been more colorful..:).Bell Peppers are so nutritious and rich in almost everything u can think of...See..Its only a no-no to stick-thin people who wanna gain some weight..:p..I have added snacky grape tomatoes,which is highly nutritious n lovely to munch on.:)






Eggs are my most favorite food,throwing in some Mushrooms gives it an enitrely different flavor.I also like the mild-onion-y' flavor of scallions..:)

I know there is notmuch to explain as a recipe..

For the Bruschetta:

Just toast both sides of the bread slice to crisp,mebe with some Olive oil.
Rub a cut end of a garlic
on to the toasted slices.
Meanwhile mix some sliced Grape tomatoes,Red gree n yellow Bell Peppers with some salt,pepper,olive oil n Balsamic Vinegar.
Spread this mix
on the bread slices.
Sprinkle some Cheddar
on the top and again broil it till it slightly melts and the veggies slightly caramelize..


For the Scramble:

Heat some Olive oil and add some minced garlic and saute.
When Fragrant,add the scallions and saute for a minute or two.
Throw in the sliced Crimini Mushrooms and saute till its dry.,some 3-4 minutes.
Add the beaten egg with salt n pepper into the pan.
Scramble it mixing everythig well.
Season with some parsely/oregano or spices of your choice..





We had it with some Pomegrenate juice.Also we both love California Marmalade,so had an extra slice with it..:)

Note :Today is the last date for RFRU-Desserts..so pls rush in your entrees..:)
StumbleUpon

27 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Superchef said...

nice post...i think bruschetta was basically just grilled bread rubbed with garlic and olive oil and the toppings evolved later on...whereas crostini is just toasted bread...even the garlic or olive oil is optional n of course the toppings..n i think crostini is generally consumed in the chip n dip fashion as opposed to a topping..well, thats what i think it is..may not be correct..theres always such a thin line of differnce between these and i think those are formed as different ideas for differnet cuisines evolve!

Have a great weekend!

Usha said...

Looks delicious Varsha and so pretty and colorful!

indosungod said...

I am game for this breakfast. Love eggs and to start the day with such a delicious breakfast is perfect.

Asha said...

Makes a great breakfast or snacks, excellent presentation too, enjoy Varsha. See you next week! :))

Trupti said...

both dishes looks very delicious & easy to make.. lovely photos Varsha

Priya said...

Wow great dishes, looks too delicious..quite easy too..yummmyyyy!!!

Deepa Hari said...

Looks easy and colorful Varsha...I too prefer something simple for breakfast.

Cham said...

Ur pict is gorgeous varsha, That would be a great start with this feast!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Varsha, you got me with the egg mushroom scramble. Delicious! This dish would make a lovely dinner as well. As for the crostini - brushetta, I agree. They are both very similar and versatile. Thanks for the great recipes.

Madhumathi said...

Hi Varsha,Both dishes are perfect for breakfast..They seem very easy to make..Thanks for sharing,dear

sowmya said...

looks delicious,..very tempting..

sangeeta said...

great recipe.......great pic......

Rachel said...

What a visual treat!

Ann said...

Perfect Breakfast Varsha..and lovely presentation..

Navita said...

great post! n u know I love bruschettas...yum !

Yasmeen said...

mmm..toasty bruschetta looks vibrant with the pepper topping,makes a fulfilling meal with mushroom egg scramble:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

looks pretty and delish my dear. colorful plate.

Nithya Praveen said...

Wow..this is one helluva breakfast,colorful & lovely presentation- Nithya

Swapna Pravin said...

Looks delicious & yum!!

Swapna Pravin said...

Sounds easy & looks delicious & tempting...

Vibaas said...

love bruschettas but never made at home. u have tempted me now :) nice post da

Soma said...

U would slumber in the bathroom? LOL ...:-)

That's an elegant elaborate breakfast i would love to have in peace with my hubby!
& Thanks a lot for stopping by.

Premyscakes said...

wow, looks delicious.

AnuSriram said...

Excellent Presentation! Picture looks attractive... Nutritious food!

mathew said...

actually am a little embarassed coz I dint know what burschetta was..my first guess it was someone who was fondly addressed as burs'chetta'! :-(

now i should taste it whenever i come across that name.

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks Manju..it was enlightening..:)

Thanks to everyone else for the comments..:)

Mathew..haha.njan chirichu poyi aa burs chetta vayichu..lol..You can fix it easily for a lazy morning breakfast..;)

jwaahr said...

I like your blog its amazing

wow i like indain spicy food

:)

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.