Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quick n Easy Mini Microwave cake/brownie

Wishing you a lovely Valentines day guys n gals..!!!Have a blast n enjoy with your love..!!

I was waiting for my cam to arrive,so that I can bake n take pics of something special on Val's day..But that dint quite happen.I couldn't stop wailing when my online order got canceled twice n my so-nice sweetheart,finally took me after his strenuous day to a nearby mall n bought me the cam.My Val's day gift.(well..one of 'em..:P)...chweet na..That was yesterday night n today I am running crazy.No time to bake n photograph.Moreover I guess,I need to do a bit of research before start clicking it..

Love synonyms to chocolate,candlelight dinner,moonlit night,humming I'll be your wish..,walk by the beach,cuddle n some lovey-dovey things like that..frivolous yet so ubiquitous..Things that make our insides go mushy n mellow...For me it reminds so much of our Mauritius HM trip...:)



So..for the favor of the cliche thing ,leme post an easy chocolate recipe,that I made couple of days back..Inspired by Divya's easy MW brownie recipe and one that was there in Delicious magazine,I made it..Thanks to both of them.:)..Divya has some perfect pics of them,excuse me again..(yay..I got a new cam..lala..but don expect any miraculous snaps here anytime soon..:D)As she says,to make it healthy you can use Whole wheat pastry flour instead of AP flour..:)





Sift :
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour n 1/2 tsp Baking powder

and keep aside.

Melt
4-5 Tbsp Unsalted butter 4 oz. Bitter Sweet Dark chocolate

in a bowl in microwave.Whisk together smooth.

Whisk together or beat at low speed:
1/4 cup Sugar 3-4 Tbsp Honey(Adjust b/w sugar n honey..I added more honey) 2 Eggs.

Add:

1 tbsp Vanilla

to it.

We need:

A handful of silvered almonds,craisins n chopped walnuts

Also lightly flour some craisins if u like it remain on the top of batter

and keep aside.

We also need:
1/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate chips
to sprinkle on top

Now simply add the egg-sugar-honey-vanilla mix to the slightly cooled chocolate-butter mix n stir n mix well.
Add the sifted flour-baking powder mix to it and mix well until fully blended.Fold in the nuts n fruits.Transfer it to a greased round/square MW safe dish of some height.

Sprinkle with the floured craisins .



I microwaved for 4 minutes only,as my MW is a quite powerful one.Chips can be added between the 2nd n 3rd minute I guess.Because I added in the beginning and all of them melted off and couldn't even get a trace of it..:(..Also I was short of craisins,have this habit of nibbling it now n then,so you wont be able to so many of them too..:D.

After taking out of MW,give it a rest of atleast 3 mins before attacking..:D
Enjoy with a dollop of cold ice cream or as such,which I love..:)



..n this goes to Priyanka's Cooking for luv wid luv event..:)
StumbleUpon

32 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Rosie said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and what a great blog you have here :0)

I love your scrummy cake/brownie and happy Valentine's day to you too.

Rosie x

Superchef said...

wow..that brownie i such a wonderful gift in exchange for a camera! :) Have a fun V-day tomorrow!!

Priya said...

WOwow delicious brownies Varsha, yummy n prefect for chocoholic like me:d

Asha said...

Mmmm!!! YUM YUM! Brownies look great, perfect for V day. huh? Enjoy! :))

Curry Leaf said...

Lovely brownies.I too had made brownies in microwave and had also drooled over Divyas and now yours.
Thanks for the comment and query.I will tell you what I know regarding the sour cream substitution.If you do not have sour cream substitute it with equal quantity of plain yoghurt -.Else you can make your own sour cream by adding 1 tbsp(lemon juice or vinegar) + 1 cup whole milk/heavy cream to get 1 cup sour cream
You cannot directly sub sour cream with whipping/heavy cream as sour cream is acting as an acidic ingredient along with baking soda and provides moistness to the cake and improves the texture.It is also supposed to be a fattening agent in certain recipes,that do not have eggs or butter or oil.So it can be used as a replcer for oil/butter as well.In my cupcakes it is an acidic ingredient as it is sour or fermented and so only another acidic ingredient can be used to replace it.This is as far as I know,and hope
I did not confuse you more.Easier way,buy the sourcream or use yoghurt.Cheers,enjoy the brownies HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Cham said...

Lovely & quick brownie, Happy V day :)

Yasmeen said...

I must try making my brownies someday in MW for a change,looks mouthwatering.Congrats on new cam:).Please trail back for my
token of gratitude

Usha said...

Brownies look fantastic and very tempting...congrats on your new camera...Happy V's day :-)

Preety said...

brownies look good varsha..and congrats on your new camera..i got mine last year and now i am waiting to buy the professional one..:)

Lakshmi said...

Hey Varsha those brownies look yummy! I had liked Divya's brownies too.Happy V'day to you.Have fun!

Mangala Bhat said...

wow!nice recipe ..quick and easy ...heythanks for the comment @my blog

Sara said...

What a great idea, this looks delicious!

Madhumathi said...

Happy V-Day ,Varsha.your brownie will be a quick fix for me when I crave for chocolate cake.They look fabulous.And Thks for the lovely comment at my blog ,dear..

Deepa Hari said...

Thank you for stopping by Varsha...You have a beautiful blog...Brownies look delicious and tempting...Perfect for V day....Happy Valentines Day!

sangeeta said...

yummy........
congrats for the new cam..........should i get one too???
you should have floured the choco chips too,it'll melt but stay there.

Swapna Pravin said...

Wow! sweet recipe for the right day... Love it:)

veena said...

Hi da ..hw was ur Valentines day ..Hope u enjoyed ..Pinne browne looks great

Dershana said...

that looks deliciously dense and choclatey!

vidhas said...

Congrats on your camera, Mouthwatering browine for the right day.

Nithya Praveen said...

Hey Varsha congrats on ur New Cam:).Brownie is so easy,i havent tried baking in microwave, its time i do that....i will make this n let u know.Thanks for a wonderful recipe.I did see ur pics in orkut too...looks like u've had loadsa fun.Gud day!

Nithya Praveen said...

I thot i jes clicked enter,but the page closed.So am not sure if u received my comment.So thot to retype:) Baking in Microwave has never occured to me,i think its time i try.I really wana try this recipe,will surely let u know.Thanks for a wonderful recipe...n yes congrats on ur cam.I did see ur pics in Orkut too,looks like u've had loadsa fun on V day:)

Sig said...

Hope you had a great Vday Varsha... :)

LG said...

Brownies look yummy Varsha.Microwave version makes it more interesting

Ann said...

So,you are on with baking? lovely..go ahead and hope to get the cam soon.

Sanghi said...

Looks lovely, too chocolateee perfect...! Anything with chocolate makes me mad and this one of your's drives me something dear@! Keep it up!

Sanghi said...

Do pick ur award from my blog :)

Happy cook said...

I am sure ther eis nothing left anymore for me.
Brownies looks super delicious.

Viki Xavier. said...

What a lovely MW baked brownie! sounds interesting Hope u had a wonderful V'day. Should try it soon.

Exotic Lady said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Nice blog as well.

AnuSriram said...

Brownies looks yummy... Hope you enjoyed valentine's day...

Varsha Vipins said...

Glad to know that u all liked the brownie n yeah ..thanks so much for the wishes too..My special thanks to Curryleaf...:)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! varshaspaceblog.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. Keep it that way.

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.