Thanks to everyone who wished me to take care n get well soon...Well..It was nothing but a minor headache n neck pain.I am fit n fighting now..
Today early morning all of a sudden,it snowed here and when I was turning around in sleep,saw this beautiful sight through the window blinds.It was picturesque,with the snow sparkling under the golden pavement lamps.Then itself I shook him out of sleep n showed the sight.Needless to say,I shifted around and snored peacefully leaving the pour soul to shift restlessly through rest of the time..
I made this Crostini some hours back.It was so pretty to see,that I couldn't stop myself taking a whole lot of pics.I dont think any of the pics reveal the real beauty..I dint feel like gobbling it at all..Just wished to keep it in showcase..:D..So please excuse me for the cornucopia of pics here..
I guess it would make a healthy n wholesome breakfast n also a quick-fix snack as well..People will be impressed just seeing the dish n all you have to do is well..nothing..Just grill,rub n arrange..The subtle sweetness of caramelized veggies and slight hint of spices n mild sweetness of tomatoes topped with a mellow cheese ,gives a real treat your taste buds.As Vaishali's Vegan month Italian is going on,I had to use a block of pretty yellow Soy cheese(which I had totally forgotten about) which I shredded myself..Cheddar/Parmesan/Mozarella anything would work just beautiful on this..:)
Its more or less similar to Bruschetta which I have posted a week back..The so easy recipe goes like this:
Just brush your bread slice(usually they use small party bread slices to serve as snacks) with olive oil,and toast it (not make it too hard)
Now rub a cut garlic clove over it and mix and heap your toppings on it.I used a mix of multi-colored bell peppers and slightly sweet grape tomatoes.
Sprinkle cheese of your choice and slightly toast it..:)
..n I am sending this to Its Vegan world event of Vaishali ..
..n Magnificient click event of Gayathri ..
Roopa has tagged me to write 25 Random facts about me..I was puzzled n scared initially.25 seems to be such a large number,no?but then later came up with some bla-bla's without much of ponderings..Go through only if u have lotsa time..:)
..n I am supposed to tag 25 other ppl..Whoa..I can think of so many people n I am gonna tag you,as its fun to read these stuffs.But no compulsion or complain,do try it when you have time n when you feel like..:)
I am not linking anyone,but I hope you all dearies see this as you visit my posts regularly ..
Asha, Usha , Yasmeen , Manju , Priya ,Hemakka ,Tina , Veena , AnuDivya , Mathew , Divz , Ann , Anu , Nithya , Vidhas, Vibhas , Viki ,Smitha ,Shama , Sangeeta , Trupti , Malar ,Maya , Vaishali , Raks , Navita n Sanghi..wooohh..am tired..:D
- I am a very lazy person,with a strong inertia..If you are puzzled,remember your Physics class.(Inertia is the tendency of an object to continue in its state of rest or motion until forced by an external agency.)... like now I cant stop licking this pudding bowl..
- My friends say,I exist only in 2 stages,either excited or depressed,no mid way..
- I am pretty emotional n touchy person,who often cry seeing films and end up crying even if I see another person crying..
- I am highly volatile,gets hot fast,but cools fast too.
- Though not very chocoholic,I can do a murder for Cadbury's fruits n nuts..
- I love cooking(obvious) and gets upset if my victims don't scrap-clean the bowl.
- I am super-determined n will work hard if I decide to achieve something..
- I love snow n rain..Since I was a kid,I used to gaze at the beauty of rain endlessly through my windows..
- I am a real romantic..
- I used to write a lot during my school college days,have won laurels,but now I dont n miss the feeling of that blissful satisfaction..
- I love n miss Kerala n the greens there so much..
- I'd love to go all around this world,see places n yeah ..eat a lot..
- Love old temples and ,the smell of oil n chandan,beat of Ashtapadi,ring of bells etc there..
- I love to read ,read n read..I am the craziest fan of Harry Potter n often sigh that I should have gone to Hogwarts instead of Engineering College..
- I am quite particular about my pillow cover..fetish in a broader sense..I find it very difficult sharing my pillow,and change the cover so often..i know..weird..
- Love movies too,am selective tho.Again Potter series tops the list.
- Music is like inseparable from my life.I always relate stages/happenings of my life to some songs,those which I used to hear at that time.So music brings a lot of Nostalgia.Hey..So I would love to share with you this Gazal of Ghulam Ali.Hear it alone in a calm surrounding and experience the feeling.n you'll thank me..!!
- Love nice smells too..Like music,I relate with smells also.Fragrance of new books n plastic reminds me of school days,jasmine of my home,Nike lavender of our first date,lavender of Mauritius n so on..
- Gift me a cute earring n I'll be a happy lady..yeah..I fancy them so much..
- I love sucking ripe mangoes with my hand(those type of mangoes,ones with big seed),making me all dirty..(we have 15 mango trees at home) ..Miss it now..
- I used to collect Kunnimani's(dunno what its in english,small red seeds with a black mole on it) and store it in Horlicks bottle..Its still there..
- As a kid,I used to believe that my plucked tooth,if thrown on rooftop will magically become part of moon..(Are you still there??..Actually mom used to tell so..:P)
- The most embarrassing moment in my life was during my Btech days.During one of our Electrical labs,when I was to slumber into my chair after a long demo,my lab-mate (I was the only gal of our 5 member group) pulled out the chair,resulting in a heavy thud followed by an loud uproar from 45 people..
- Recently I have developed this habit of googl-ing the nutritional values of anything n everything I come across(n smug happily)..Is it a disease??(ithu oru rogamano Doctor??..)
- Recent passion - Food Photography
Indhu passed me the Good chat award..Thanks Indhu.:)
Raks passed me the yum blog award..Thanks so much Raks..:)
Anu Sriram n Malar passed the cute Circle of Friends award.Malar also passed the Blogging with purpose award ,both of which I am passing on to everyone who regularly visits n encourages me with their comments,including all those I tagged above..:)..Thanks a ton Anu n Malar..:)