Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vanilla Milk Shake and a Snow affair..;)

I took a weekend break from blogging,n it seems like ages.I wonder,how I used to make posts once in a blue moon,months back.It was a long ,cozy weekend and I was in an elated mood from Saturday evening..wonder why??Snowwwwwwwww...yup..am crazy about it...Since the time I cuddled in ma little bed with "Snow white and Seeven Dwarfs" and "Little Women" ,and then It took a naughty turn when I saw "Roja" and I started to see snow from an additional dimension.(Still my fav song in the whole world is "Puthu Vellai Mazhai.."..:)...)The soft ever-romantic fluffs that make me so nostalgic,that whispers into ears.."hey sweeties...X'mas s here.."..I love December,and now you know why..:).
Tell you what happened..I was peeving around Kutts since Saturday morning,about the fridge starting to seem vacant ,and about the "n" number of things I want in kitchen.Actually it was simply that ,I wanted to go out and also I love to see my fridge always full,stuffed with multitude of colors,fresh and juicy.:)
So we were like out of the door,and It was fricking cold and I just said it like that.."This climate is so disgusting,Had there been snow,it would have been atleast a good sight.hmm"..Kutts said lightly "people should hear you say this,none really likes snow,they'll think you must be crazy or something..".I made a face and less than 5 minutes later,we got out from car infront of the shop,n voila..I saw white small fluffy things pouring down,like dandelions.It was cute.I was like whoa..eyes all wide open,heart brimming with joy and I yelped almost loud enough to make 2-3 people turn to us.(btwn..don't think I am nuts like most of the people there might have felt..This is my first snow here..:D)Kutts was little embarrassed,but I was least bothered.The whole evening ,I was on high.It was baby snow,but still I loved it more than anything ,I saw here,even felt like jotting down something.(I had this problem back in India.:D..).Trees and bush tops covered with snow,like the icings of cakes,cluster of white goodness sprinkling and sparkling bright beneath the street lights,cuty things hitting the window panes and melting down.Sunday morning had a bright sun,which made it more divine.Glistening snow on leaves were glittering like diamonds..Oh..I loved it..:)
Guess I got carried away too much.Sorry..:)..So this whole snow affair reminded me about FIC-White event hosted by Lubna..n thought of posting this today.A yummy Vanilla Milk Shake.I know this is not the right season to catch a shake.But after a wholesome meal of hot Kadai Chicken,we were all set for some chill and I made this .Kutts love vanilla flavor and this one was so easy to make,yet so good to have.



Ingredients (For 1 glass)

Ripe Small Yellow Bananas - 2( you can also do with 1 green Robusta banana)
Cardamom pods crushes - 3
Vanilla extract - 1 Tbsp
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 Tbsp
Breyers Extra Creamy Vanilla Ice cream - 1 scoop

Method

Add the banana's and half the milk into the mixer and run for a minute.Once its blended well without lumps,add the rest of the milk,cardamom pods,vanilla extract and sugar and run till the whole thing is blended and frothy.
Pour into a glass and top with one small scoop of Vanilla Ice cream.



I am sending this to Lubna's FIC-White Event,started by Tongueticklers..:)
StumbleUpon

14 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

anudivya said...

Yeah the snow was pretty from inside the house! He he he, too cold to venture out...
Milkshake sounds great with ice cream and all my favs added... and oh yeah, I love cold stuff on cold wintry days! :)

Viki Xavier. said...

Love the milk shake and the memories about Roja movie. That song will capture generations , i think.

Adlak's tiny world said...

Thanks varsha for visiting and for yr lovely words. I wonder u exactly caught my comment quite some time before....

Very nice write ups,interesting descriptions in beautiful diction. In this little age running a food blog Oh no... I was much ingnorant on cooking side that time.... U r gr8 dear.
I too love the song frm Roja... I set this as a ring tone in my mob for my hubby dear...he he he... sure we will be in touch...

Shama Nagarajan said...

varsha.....crazy fan of vanilla milkshake.......yummy.....

Uma said...

enjoyed reading your snow affair! You sound like me when I saw my first snow! :)

Vanilla shake looks so inviting and delicious.

Happy cook said...

I love the milkshake. I like the idea thatyou added cardamoms to it.
I am visitng you posts :-)

SriLekha said...

wow! delicious milkshake!

AnuSriram said...

That a lovely milkshake... This is my first visit to your blog.. You have a wonderful blog here..

Usha said...

Milk shake looks delicious, I love anything with vanilla in it, loved the Indian touch with cardamom too !

Varsha Vipins said...

Divya..Thanks dear..Snow is always pretty..;)
Viki,yeah..That song have no death..:)
Hema..Thanx a ton dear..no words.:)
Shama..then do make one fast..:)
Uma..were u also all excited??hehe..bt not as much as me..:D
happy..not only visits..I love your comments..so pls do..:)
Thanks Srilekha..:)
Anu ,Thanx for visiting..Pls be around..
Usha..happy to know that you liked it..:)

Priya said...

Wowow lovely, even its too rainy n cold here, am drooling rite now for this delicious milk shake...

Roopa said...

mmm, it looks sharjah shake:) I love vanilla flavor a lot compared to other flavors:)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow creamy, snowy and white. Awesome milkshake... Thank you for sending it down to FIC.

prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

nice milkshake varsha ...
looks yummy ......

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.