Thursday, December 18, 2008

Prawns-Pineapple Fried rice and a blissful day..!!!

Today was one of the most beautiful days of my life.When I wake up,Kutts asked me to come to our balcony,eyes closed.When I opened my eyes,I stood breathless for a moment.I was seeing one of the most wonderful scenery,I've ever seen.I had previously seen it in movies and all,but seeing in real was such a blissful experience.All our Condo Complex bedded with white fluffy snow.White White everywhere and soft fluffy snow falling down.It felt like a dream.He was working from home,so I was much relaxed than usual mornings.I went out then itself,all excited and played a lot with snow,making my nose look like a red cherry..:D..After lunch ,we went to the nearby boat house and captured some of the endless goodness,seen all around.My eyes got never tired of all the beauty here.It was an unexplainable feeling.Nature's sweetest bounty.And finally now my fingers are all red and numb.But still,I am so happy...:)

After all the play,excitement and some small talk with my blogger friend Tina,It was almost 1 30 noon when I entered kitchen.I was thinking,what to make in a jiffy.Thought,It should be an easy,helathy and spicy one for the climate.Then the menu of Malay Satay Hut striked me.I had seen a fried rice in their menu,which I had pineapple in it.I was even more excited to prepare this new dish and anticipating ,how it'll turn out,I started cooking.Snow was falling continously and viewing it through the kitchen window,with Kutts around,I prepared merrily,this Pineapple-Prawns Fried rice.It turend out really well,except that I couldn't get my desired consistency of rice,grain-seperated,as I got distracted(:D..) in between.But still,that was not much a problem.I made Fried rice more peppier and the spicy taste combined with ocassional bite of sweet n sour pineapple and loads of healthy green veggies and juicy prawns...my my..Now,do u get the taste??
Do try this one..:)

Ingredients Basmati rice(left over rice is always best) - 1.5 cup
Prawns chopped - 1/2 lbs

Pineapple finely chopped - between 1/4 and 1/2 cup(according to how much sweetness you would like to have)
Onions - 1/4 cup
Mixed veggies(Beans,carrot,cabbage,broccoli..) - 1 cup
celery Stalk chopped - Almost 5 Tbsp(A lot of it adds to taste)

Spring onions Chopped - Almost 4 Tbsp
Eggs - 2

Ginger Garlic minced/paste- 1 Tbsp

Soy Sauce -1+ 1+1 Tbsp

Red Chilli Sauce - 1 + 1 Tbsp
Pepper Powder - 1+1 tsp
Chilli Oil - 1.5 Tbsp

Salt

Oil

Justify Full

Method

Cook rice with double the amount water,little salt and 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce.Grain-grain seperation is the level you want.Take care not to overcook.After the rice is little cooled,keep it refrigerated till use.

Take a deep bottomed wok.Pour some oil and saute the Ginger Garlic paste,till the raw smell goes.

Now pop in the onions and saute well.

Once its pink add the eggs and scramble well .

Now add the veggies and 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce and 1Tbsp Chilli Sauce and 1 tsp pepper powder.Saute nicely.

Once its half cooked,add the pineapple slices and saute well.

After a minute,add the celery slices and half of the spring Onions.

Saute really nice and mix everything.

Now add the prawns,add little water,reduce heat and Close the wok.(Another method is where ,you premarinate the prawns with sauces and lightly fry it and add to the wok.But that way the juice of prawns won't get much into rice.So I like it this way..)

After 2 minutes open the pan,and now the prawn will be orange in color and soft.Dont over cook prawns.

Increase the heat and saute evrything ,so that water dries up a bit.

When the mix is still moist,pop in all the rice.Mix everything with rice.

Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Soy sauce,1 Tbsp Chilli sauce and 1 tsp pepper powder over the rice and mix well.Continously saute under high heat.

You can sprinkle Chilli oil on top..(Made by adding highly heated oil on top of dry red chillies and after 15 minutes,remove the chillies ,you get it)

Garnish with Spring onions,pineapple slices and Cilantro leaves..


My Veggie friends can skip the prawn part and try this.It'll be wonderful even then..:)

Usha of Veg Inspirations has gifted me this lovely award,which I am passing to Tina,AnuDivya, , Viki and MalarGandhi..:)
Thanks Dear Usha..:)

Checkout my other Chinese recipes: StumbleUpon

14 Luv'ly people shared their views..:

Malar Gandhi said...

Congrats on ur award dear. You deserve more and more....Thanks Varsha for thinking of my name & sharing it with me.

Tina said...

Hey molu thanku soooooo much for ur sweet award. so innu njanum oru kadhapathram ayeelle.Friedrice looks gud dear.....dont worry next time perfrct akkamenne....

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow snowy post and yummy recipe. Never tries pineapple with rice. Soungs delectable. Looks gr8.

merajugr8 said...

Enjoyed every bit of ur excitement about that first snow. Dude, I also felt the same way,, cudnt control myself...even rolled on that fluffy snow...wore a big smile all thro that winter and I always love winter more than a summer:) .Shrimp fried rice with pineapple looks inviting. Congrats on your award dear. Thanks for sharing it with me. Happy holidays!

Yasmeen said...

Snowing in seattle! What do you know,I live in one of the snowiest cities.Its snows almost every week in winter(actually it starts as early as october sometimes),no denying it does look heavenly feeling the snow for the first time.Nice warming prawn fried rice,yet to try with pineapples,sounds delicious:)
congrats on your deserving award:)

Usha said...

Sounds like a filling and spicy one pot meal, perfect for cold days...and easily adaptable to being veggie if required...congrats on your award :-)

Roopa said...

Hi Varsha, I love prawns and you are making me drool with that dish of yours:)

Adlak's tiny world said...

again a nice dish and good presentation. I have not forgotten yr award dear i included yr name with thank u note in the side bar which i posted already.

anudivya said...

Hey varsha!... I am late to collect my award, am I not! I am so sorry... blame it on the snow!
Thanks so much for thinking about me and sharing it with me.
COngratulation on your well deserved award !

Maria said...

Congrats Varsha and thanks a lot for dropping in at my place. You have a lovely blog with interesting recipes. Happy blogging :)

Cheers
Maria

SriLekha said...

looks delicious!

join in the savories event going in my blog!

Varsha Vipins said...

Thanks to all my lovely friends,who dropped by here and cared to comment..am trapped in snow storm here..:P..
will try to come up with a post soon..:)

Shama Nagarajan said...

hai varsha

congrats for ur award.....new lovely recipe..good presentation....wish u all the best for more and more awards.

Priya said...

Congrats on ur award Varsha n am drooling over the pineapple n prawn fried rice..delicious!!

 
Creative Commons License
Will-O'-the-Wisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
.